Password saves "0"

@Kush, thanks and yup your judging is better in a lot of ways, so, I have changed it to WriteInt, but this error showed, it showed before, but I forgot how I fixed it lol,

pawn Code:
C:\Users\3hab\Desktop\BlackEvo 4\samp03e_svr_R2_win32\gamemodes\funland.pwn(1241) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 3)
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664          Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
The error line is:

pawn Code:
INI_WriteInt(File,"Password",buf);
But this one worked, but as Romel changed it .. I didn't know how to change it to the right way,

pawn Code:
INI_WriteInt(File,"Password",WP_Hash(buf, sizeof(buf), inputtext));
@Romel: About LoadData_User, it will just load the "User" data or something ..

Lol... DONT SAVE PASSWORD delete this lane INI_WriteInt(File,"Password",PlayerInfo[playerid][pPass]);

I told you before.

Its INI_WriteString.

pawn Code:
INI_WriteString(File, "Password", Buf);
Buf is a string not a integer.

Kush accidentally didn't see that you are using Whirlpool.
so he thinks you are using udb_hash.

Sorry, but its INI_WriteString.

Okay, so now we're back to the problem of the log-in, where every player can just put any password to log-in lol.

If you're using Whirlpool write it as a string. If you're using Adler32 (udb_hash) use WriteInt (which would've been the solution from the start).

As for your current situation, do it on a test script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush
View Post
If you're using Whirlpool write it as a string. If you're using Adler32 (udb_hash) use WriteInt (which would've been the solution from the start).

As for your current situation, do it on a test script.
It does save the password, but I can just write anything in the log-in dialog and it logs me in, so I am afraid that it doesn't read the password :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar
View Post
It does save the password, but I can just write anything in the log-in dialog and it logs me in, so I am afraid that it doesn't read the password :S
Then there are one of 2 things are occuring;

1. You aren't loading the information when the person connects. (which I believe is the problem). Use INI_ParseFile before any other statement in OnPlayerConnect if the file/user does exist.

2. You aren't checking if the password entered equals the hashed password.

Use examples from my tutorial to check where you've went wrong.

About the first case, in OnPlayerConnect I've got this

pawn Code:
if(fexist(UserPath(playerid)))
    {
        INI_ParseFile(UserPath(playerid), "LoadUser_%s", .bExtra = true, .extra = playerid);
        ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_LOGIN, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,""COL_WHITE"Login",""COL_WHITE"Type your password below to login.","Login","Quit");
    }
    else
    {
        ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_REGISTER, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,""COL_WHITE"Registering...",""COL_WHITE"Type your password below to register a new account.","Register","Quit");
    }
I believe it is working well.

On the second case, I think this is the problem, I think that I am checking the password wrongly, can you please check it? Here is the script:

pawn Code:
case DIALOG_LOGIN:
        {
            if ( !response ) return Kick ( playerid );
            if( response )
            {
                new buf[145];
                if(WP_Hash(buf, sizeof(buf), inputtext) == PlayerInfo[playerid][pPass])
                {
                    INI_ParseFile(UserPath(playerid), "LoadUser_%s", .bExtra = true, .extra = playerid);
                    GivePlayerMoney(playerid, PlayerInfo[playerid][pCash]);
                    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_SUCCESS_2, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX,""COL_WHITE"Success!",""COL_GREEN"You have successfully logged in!","Ok","");
                }
                else
                {
                    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_LOGIN, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,""COL_WHITE"Login",""COL_RED"You have entered an incorrect password.\n"COL_WHITE"Type your password below to login.","Login","Quit");
                }
                return 1;
            }
        }

You are using it wrong once again.

it must be like this remove this line

pawn Code:
if(WP_Hash(buf, sizeof(buf), inputtext) == PlayerInfo[playerid][pPass])
replace it with this

pawn Code:
WP_Hash(buf, sizeof(buf), inputtext);
if(!strcmp(PlayerInfo[playerid][pPass], buf, true))
{
//your code
}
else
{
//your code
}

The problem is still there. I can type in any password and just log-in ..

I sent you a PM check it.