RCON Hacking Bot or something..

There's some automated thing attempting to crack our RCON password. I'm not worried about them getting it, as the password is 100 characters wrong and changes every day, but it's just a nuisance to see "<IP> failed RCON login attempt" every second when I load my server log. I know exactly who's doing it, their names, emails etc, I know their server and who hosts it. is there any way to get them into some sort of trouble for this?

Yeah report thier IP and Server IP to any of the moderators or Kalcor it's the best way to get them banned from Master Servers

1) You can rangeban their IP by typing the first two columns of their IP following the '*' character (without the quotes).

Example:
Код:
/banip OR /rcon banip 69.158.*
2) Or you can paste the snippet below into your gamemode and it will stop the failed login attempts.
pawn Код:
public OnRconLoginAttempt(ip[], password[], success)
{
    if (!success)
    {
        new szString[16 + 8];
        format(szString, sizeof(szString), "banip %s", ip);
        SendRconCommand(szString);
    }
    return 1;
}

RCON IP banning didn't work..

Quote:

[13:53:27] RCON (In-Game): Player [Luke_Wilkinson] sent command: banip 196.205.*
[13:53:27] BAD RCON ATTEMPT BY: 196.205.177.251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_James
Посмотреть сообщение
RCON IP banning didn't work..
Oh, I forgot to tell you that even if someone is banned, they can still try to log in to RCON by using a simple .bat script.

However, it says 'BAD RCON ATTEMPT', so the player is not logged into RCON, yet they can do /rcon blablabla and such.

I don't think there's a solution, sorry.

Is it just trying random passwords?

Try

rcon 0

in your server.cfg. This disables RCON.

I am assuming he still wants RCON active. Sadly i am not sure if there is a solution out there to disable that in your logs.

Kill it with fire, and turn rcon off. It's useless and outdated.

Nope, I have no use for RCON, it just causes trouble. Didn't know you could turn it off though, thanks.