A question thats flying trough my mind

All prepare for the question, that will crack your mind...

Will SAMP still be played in 5 years? I'm not sure if you would think about it, but I really took time for this question. Think about it, GTA 5 would be released already ofc.

What I think is the following: I think SAMP will be dead, not just SAMP, but GTA SA. I think all the players would go to GTA 5.

Just read your posts below, and I do agree that people love classics and that this will actually go pretty far still.

The only problem is, more gamers will probably like to play games with better graphics these days. So unless GTA V has a great multiplayer, people will probably still play this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred
Посмотреть сообщение
Yea, I really doubt people will still be playing SA-MP by then. If they are, there will more or likely be a very little amount of players playing, unless people do not have a good computer to run GTA 5 and better games.

Figure this community will be long gone in 5 years.
I don't want that to happen. Seriously! I like it here, even when I'm a noob at scripting I really just like to learn from the community and become a better scripter.

I don't think it will end anytime soon...

SAMP is already about 7 years old. If it's been running this long it'll still keep going, even if development stops, I'm pretty sure someone will carry on the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentDunn
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think it will end anytime soon...

SAMP is already about 7 years old. If it's been running this long it'll still keep going, even if development stops, I'm pretty sure someone will carry on the work.
That's true.... I hope it won't stop soon, because I really love it

IMO no it's not gonna happen. GTA IV has already come up years ago and nothing (bad) happened to SA-MP; versa, it has been improved and developed a lot and many new servers came up. About GTA SA the guys who have shitty pces will keep playing it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSphinX
Посмотреть сообщение
IMO no it's not gonna happen. GTA IV has already come up years ago and nothing (bad) happened to SA-MP; versa, it has been improved and developed a lot and many new servers came up. About GTA SA the guys who have shitty pces will keep playing it .
Yeah, and if it would die, we'll all fight for SAMP lol

People saying the same as you saying now since SA-MP created.

I've started playing since 2006, managed large communities over the time and heard a lot of people talking. Almost everyone of them, believed that SA-MP and GTA SA are almost dead, and said exactly what you're saying - "in X years there will be no any community". Guess what? SA-MP is still alive.

Classic games never die. For example, people are still playing Vice City, and even VC-MP. It's right that the community there is not getting bigger and not alive as SA-MP community, but there are still players.
GTA San Andreas is a classic game. So much time passed since it was released and as you see, the SA-MP community is not in a weak status; it's alive and growing.

So no, you can't say that SA-MP will be dead in a few years. According to the history of this mod, lots of people said that before you and all of them was wrong. Also, people still making this community bigger. SA-MP team releasing new updates and the exist servers and communities still growing up.

The only way that the SA-MP community will be turned to what happen in some old classic games, such as VC-MP, is if all of the SA-MP team will quit or if a new good game will release. If Rockstar will create GTA V based on the style of GTA SA, this game could take GTA SA current place. But who knows... when GTA IV was near releasing pepole said that it will kill GTA SA and SA-MP. But SA-MP overcame it too.

So basically, the answer for your question is yes, SA-MP will be still played in 5 years, UNLESS GTA V will overcome it.

Honestly, when GTA IV first came out the SA-MP population dropped. But just recently(beginning of this year) we have seen many new servers and a HUGE increase of player population overall(on servers). IMO, SA-MP won't die for a long time.

well its strange but for the past week i have been thinking of this question too but i think from what my friends tell me about when they got GTA IV then went back to GTA SA reasons ya the graphics are boog but the drifting JUST SUCKS and the multiplayer THE F Point is i dont think alot of ppl will leave maybe some but then theyll come back :P.