Hip-hop or Pop?

Hip hop or Pop?

Country Folk Music

Neither honestly. Neither requires having actual talent.
You do not have to know how to play an instrument, you do not have to have song writing skills, heck, you do not need to know how to sing, most musicians these days just get auto-tuned...
The only pop songs I listen to are old Beatles songs, and I do not even like those too much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code_Red
Посмотреть сообщение
You do not have to know how to play an instrument, you do not have to have song writing skills, heck, you do not need to know how to sing, most musicians these days just get auto-tuned...
The only pop songs I listen to are old Beatles songs, and I do not even like those too much...
Dude the beatles are old! There from your parents time and even older!
I know the music from now'a days suck, but there are plenty of good bands.
For example, foo fighter, metallica, nicklback, red hot chilli peppers...
So you should start changing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCat
Посмотреть сообщение
The beatles are old? so.. that means their music istn't good anymore? there music was made in a time when they wanted to make good music and didn't want to make the most money out of it..

And yes you are right that the music from these days is realy bad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCat
Посмотреть сообщение
Good music does not have an age. Artists such as Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, BB King, Eric Clapton and much more will always be remembered as legends.
I know the bands you have mentioned, not really my style (but I don't have much against them). You should really try checking some of the artists I mentioned though, they inspired most of the artists from the last two dozen years or so.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You do need talent. They had some talent to become who they are and make millions of dollars. Saying a person who makes millions of dollars has no talent is pretty stupid.The person has a talent to make millions, unlike you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
You do need talent. They had some talent to become who they are and make millions of dollars. Saying a person who makes millions of dollars has no talent is pretty stupid.The person has a talent to make millions, unlike you.
That's a valid point, actually.

But unfortunately....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
I am not saying that you do not need talent to become famous and make millions of dollars. I am saying that most current "artists" show no talent in their songs. Let us take a took at the hit "Starships" by Niki Minaj for example:
It took 5 people to write that song (and they did not do a good job, honestly). She plays absolutely no instruments in the song. She was heavily auto-tuned as well. Where is the talent?
Maybe I am missing something but I see no talent here.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Good music does not have an age. Artists such as Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, BB King, Eric Clapton and much more will always be remembered as legends.
I know the bands you have mentioned, not really my style (but I don't have much against them). You should really try checking some of the artists I mentioned though, they inspired most of the artists from the last two dozen years or so.
I know all of them, I'm a music lover, I can't stop listening to music, I love all of them too, but I'm just saying...
When you have kids, they'll be like "Oh daddy what did you listen too?" ahh music from the times of my dad!
I don't think they aren't good, there aren't plenty of good bands out there, but ye I can name like 50 bands of the 80's without googling I used to be a big fan, fuck, I even DJ'd a 90's party at my school