How you started your scripting?

I would love to see how to get started?

From where you started learning PAWNO scripting? Did you have any other knowledge in other programming language before you started your SAMP scripting etc? Please explain.

Well, i joined sa-mp in 2008, and registered in 2010 but forgot the account name, so i re-registered in 2011, i read all the sa-mp wiki, and checked out so many tutorials, i downloaded different gamemodes and edited them successfully, and when new versions of sa-mp come out with new functions, i trie them out and i start playing around with the new functions, so they get handy.

The basics i learned from the server package i got from samp's website.

I learned it from MaxedOutStudios on *******. After that I start downloading released Gamemode and start editing it.

Downloading gamemodes and reading them.

'learning pawno' - pawno is an editor. The language is 'pawn'.

I'm sure there was already opened topic like this one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issam
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, i joined sa-mp in 2008, and registered in 2010 but forgot the account name, so i re-registered in 2011, i read all the sa-mp wiki, and checked out so many tutorials, i downloaded different gamemodes and edited them successfully, and when new versions of sa-mp come out with new functions, i trie them out and i start playing around with the new functions, so they get handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden Dragneel
Посмотреть сообщение
I learned it from MaxedOutStudios on *******. After that I start downloading released Gamemode and start editing it.
+1 i have done the same so like i see most of people are starting from wiki and downloading files and edit them

I started a few years back with some basic assistance from the co-owner of a community I was a part of. Wiki really helped me A LOT.

Basically I created a stunting server, it had like 20 playerbase or something, but then I left SAMP for a while, came back, created a Capture the Flag/TDM server, then a Gang War one. Currently I'm developing a trucking server.

I played on a server I really enjoyed for a while, but the owner got corrupt.
I wanted to do it myself, but better.

So I first made some small filterscripts, released them and waited for feedback.
Fortunaly, I got a lot of feedback, good and bad.

And now I run a pretty popular server with my own made gamemode

Happy end