Is this possible?

Hello,

I'm Chief of Police on a server, and I'm trying to create a easier, unique way to make reports of arrests, tickets, and incidents, but yet maintain professionalism. We had a website: (http://www.hrp-lspd.com/reports/) but it just seems to hard to get out of ingame for every single thing (We make tons of arrests a day) and report it on the website. We wanted to make it so our officers could write up a report on the /mdc, and it would send it to the website where we could view everything. I'm not knowledgeable on MySQL or anything like that, so I also have no idea how to script it/make it or whatever. If anyone can tell me if it's possible, and if they can script it or, if they already have it, post it.

Thanks,
sansabadawg

I don't know if it's possible but if it was it would be quite complicated to do it in-game, so honestly I would recommend keep it as you have it now maybe a better layout for it though.

This would be possible, but you'd have to have knowledge of using PHP or a language that understands MySQL. All you'd do is create a table... Everytime an officer types /addreport

An input dialog is placed, you'd have to limit the characters to like 500 or something cos it's a report.... Then, when they type it in, it is stored in the table, then PHP or whatever retrieves the table and can select rows of the report that they wish. It's easy if you have PHP knowledge. (I don't.)

Use xfire in-game web browser (Scroll Lock + W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerira Gaijin
Посмотреть сообщение
Use xfire in-game web browser (Scroll Lock + W)
Lol'd there.

But uhhm, I also think this is possible with MYSQL, but i'm just wondering what HTTP is on sa-mp.
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/HTTP

HTTP_POST - Sends a HTTP request with POST data.

but that probably has nothing to do with actually posting data? Never really researched HTTP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabadawg
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello,

I'm Chief of Police on a server, and I'm trying to create a easier, unique way to make reports of arrests, tickets, and incidents, but yet maintain professionalism. We had a website: (http://www.hrp-lspd.com/reports/) but it just seems to hard to get out of ingame for every single thing (We make tons of arrests a day) and report it on the website. We wanted to make it so our officers could write up a report on the /mdc, and it would send it to the website where we could view everything. I'm not knowledgeable on MySQL or anything like that, so I also have no idea how to script it/make it or whatever. If anyone can tell me if it's possible, and if they can script it or, if they already have it, post it.

Thanks,
sansabadawg
lol why wouldn't you just post it on your servers website asking them to add this?

Yes, this is possible, and the server you're at will eventually have something along these lines in the near future. Hence why we're working on the MySQL update, as announced in the Development Central section on our forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, this is possible, and the server you're at will eventually have something along these lines in the near future. Hence why we're working on the MySQL update, as announced in the Development Central section on our forums.
LoL calgon.... HRP's Cheif of Police..... xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh, didn't know that had to do with what I'm talking about. Thanks.