Planning a new server - help me decide

I'm going to keep this as short as I can and get to the point. I'm planning a new server, but am torn between two ideas.

The main aim of both servers is to have all (or most) modes in one server, and to make it FUN and UNIQUE. Not another RP server.

IDEA #1: Mini-missions/minigames/multi-mode
All players on the same mode, on small restricted maps [think COD]. Very linear (fixed, not freeroam) but probably more fun than the alternative.

PROS:
- Constant action, players should never get bored
- Players are kept together

CONS:
- No choice - if players don't like the current mode, what can they do? They HAVE to play it.
- Linear gameplay - fixed objectives and time limits etc.
- Harder to script (arguable.). My concept is very complex. Asynchronous matches etc.

Modes would include stuff such as:
• COD style deathmatch
• Racing
• Sumo
• Basejump
• Destruction derby
• Treasure hunts
• Missions
etc.

IDEA #2: A sort of 'freeroam' packed with cool features
Side-missions, minigames, missions etc.
Non-linear - players can roam around San Andreas without boundaries

PROS:
- Non-linear. Players can do pretty much anything.
- Variety of modes all in one server and one world.

CONS:
- Players may become bored easily. It might not be easy to work out how to play.
- I can just imagine 3 players in the main world, 2 in a race, one guy stunting and a couple of guys in sumo. minigames aren't fun with two players. I'm not getting my hopes up of getting hundreds of players.

Features could include:
• Train cargo delivery missions [SP]
• Unique stunts [SP]
• Hidden packages [SP]
• Side-missions (i.e. trucking, pilot)
• Stunting maps
• Races (at stadiums, maybe illegal street races too)
• Not sure about classes. Thinking of adding cops, but don't want it too RPish.
• Bounty system if no cops online
• Challenges/achievements

[SP] = Like single-player

It would be an open world. Sort of like single-player I guess you could say.

I'm really torn between the two ideas. What do you guys think? I personally am leaning towards the freeroam server, but GAH. Help me out!

I would say free-roam and stunts, but make it so like there's Mini Missions in which people can partake in because in the end of the day there's always going to be that guy that just wants to race around and test his mods. Fly around the map and play music, or that guy that just wants to shoot people for fun, so make it fun for everyone! I voted for non-linear.

I would say "Open world" because players can have much more stuff to do comparing to the fixed objectives which is boring after completion.

Now leaning towards mini-missions server. In the MM server players will be together in one match, I know that in the freeroamish server players will be spread out all over SA.

Therefore, I think I'm going with linear mini-missions/minigames/multi-mode matches.

Thanks for your input.

Maybe different worlds. One can be non-linear and the other can be fixed. You can switch worlds any time with /world or something.

But if everyone's in the open world, and one guy goes in to a match..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPLEOMAX
Посмотреть сообщение
I would say "Open world" because players can have much more stuff to do comparing to the fixed objectives which is boring after completion.
Agree with him x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPLEOMAX
Посмотреть сообщение
same here ..

Oh my, the votes have really changed. It was 3 vs 3 last night.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm still not sure in a non-linear open world server will work, especially with only a few players. They'll be spread all over San Andreas. It'll be less like multi-player and more like single-player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh my, the votes have really changed. It was 3 vs 3 last night.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm still not sure in a non-linear open world server will work, especially with only a few players. They'll be spread all over San Andreas. It'll be less like multi-player and more like single-player...
If you think it will feel like singele player, put the Sanandreas Multiplayer object around .. And U know its sa-mp..

Haha nah just kidding.... If you still want to make mini-missions you say every thing (Unquie things etc), missions...
and u say that in a thread: "will you join?" And u will see how many wants to join ur server.. If its not going well u can take the other idea you had. Good luck .

This whas just a idea u can try if u want :P