[MySQL] Some questions about

Hi everyone,

I'm actually making a web site for my SAMP server but I have some problems for the connection to the sql database.

When I try to connect to the samp-server's db, i get an MYSQL HAS GONE AWAY error.

Then I'm searching about a new server. But I need somes informations about the number of simultaneous connection and about the average db size for a server of max 25 simultaneous users.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

No -one can help me ?

The cause of this problem is the default configuration of the maximum size of the data packet in a database request.
Modify the max_allowed_packet variable in your configuration file. 8M seems to be a good setting. If this is still too low, choose a bigger value!

Maybe, but the SAMP server haven't got any problem to connect to the database. It's the web site !

I have to say that with a local database (where no server is connected) i haven't got any problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptit-Mekk
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe, but the SAMP server haven't got any problem to connect to the database. It's the web site !

I have to say that with a local database (where no server is connected) i haven't got any problem.
This occur most likely cause the sa-mp host and the mysql host is seperate. To keep it alive, keep sending ping requests to the mysql host frequently.

Uuuh I didn't understand ... (sorry but English isn't my first languages)