What does unique mean to you?

I see the word "unique" being used almost everywhere now. I think people have lost what the definition of unique really means! In your own words, please describe the term. I would be delighted to know what people think it means.

This will be more interesting if you don't look up the definition in a dictionary...

i thought unique was 'common'?

I'm not sure...

I think "unique" means never seen before or made with your own touch, not a edit or revision of someone else work or ideas.

Something that hasn't been done before, or maybe something that has been done very few times. If it's unique, I shouldn't see it on every other server. It would probably have a special meaning to most people who interact with whatever is unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond007
View Post
i thought unique was 'common'?

I'm not sure...
How are you from Canada if you can't even spell it right?

'Canadia'

Unique, something what you won't see in other servers.
Something what makes your server special. Something what only your server has.
It can be like 100 things in the script what could be small things, but what create a unique server
Something like that?^^

Unique means that it is the only one of its kind which has no equal or equivalent.

I'm to assume that there is a camouflaged implication in that question?

To answer it: I've yet to see a single SA-MP server with a gamemode that is at all unique. There may be a few here and there which contain "unique features", but for it to be unique in any case it must be entirely (100%, completely, absolutely, et cetera) different. Though this can't be to blame on most server owners, rather more/less on the restrictions of SA-MP itself.

New ideas/features that have never been used on other servers beore.
OWN script, own design and consciously not copying things from other servers.

Unique something uncommon and unrealistic ever