strins() being weird

Function:

pawn Код:
stock my_ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, dialogid, style, caption[], info[], button1[], button2[])
{
    strins(caption, "{B800C6}", 0, 8);
    strins(info, "{FFFFFF}", 0, 8);
    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, dialogid, style, caption, info, button1, button2);
    return 1;
}

#if defined _ALS_ShowPlayerDialog
    #undef ShowPlayerDialog
#else
    #define _ALS_ShowPlayerDialog
#endif
#define ShowPlayerDialog my_ShowPlayerDialog
Code:

pawn Код:
new lstring[256];
format(lstring, sizeof(lstring), "This name ({FFFF82}%s{FFFFFF}) is registered. You must login to continue.\nIf this is your account, please enter the password you chose when registering below.\nIf not, please quit and reconnect with a different name.", pName[playerid]);
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_LOGIN, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Login", lstring, "Login", "Quit");
The purpose of this is to add the embedded colors to 'caption' and 'info' automatically, so they can easily be changed. I will also be adding more stuff to the my_ShowPlayerDialog function later on, so it IS needed.

Result: http://www.imagebam.com/image/0f41e8170467716

Question: Why are the buttons weird?

nevermind

You can't do that as there's not enough memory allocated to insert that part into there (so you're actually inserting "illegal" memory). You will have to create a new variable and format it in there.

That means I have to create 2048+64 cells. I don't really want to do that. Isn't there another way?

Sure there is:
pawn Код:
#define ShowPlayerDialogEx(%0,%1,%2,%3,%4,%5,%6) \
    ShowPlayerDialog((%0), (%1), (%2), "{B800C6}" %3, "{FFFFFF}" %4, (%5), (%6))

Quote:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gamemodes\NewServer.pwn(99) : error 001: expected token: "-string end-", but found "-identifier-"
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gamemodes\NewServer.pwn(99) : warning 215: expression has no effect
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gamemodes\NewServer.pwn(99) : warning 215: expression has no effect
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gamemodes\NewServer.pwn(99) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found ")"
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gamemodes\NewServer.pwn(99) : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gamemodes\NewServer.pwn(99) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

4 Errors.

Line 99:

pawn Код:
new lstring[256];
        format(lstring, sizeof(lstring), "This name ({FFFF82}%s{FFFFFF}) is registered. You must login to continue.\nIf this is your account, please enter the password you chose when registering below.\nIf not, please quit and reconnect with a different name.", pName[playerid]);
        ShowPlayerDialogEx(playerid, DIALOG_LOGIN, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Login", lstring, "Login", "Quit");
(The ShowPlayerDialogEx function)

Can you make it replace ShowPlayerDialog, so I don't need 'Ex'?

Well my macro will only work for constant strings. I guess you'll have to use the string variable and format it there. Just use static string variable.

But what I'm saying is, I don't want to have to create a 2048 and 64 cell string to manipulate the string in. There MUST be a way

Sorry, not that I know of. If you're using constant strings use my macro, otherwise just create a global one. 2048 isn't that bad.