volt-host help

So, I bought a SAMP Server thing at Volt-Host.com and whenever I try uploading my files it says it cant connect to my server, and when i try pressing start it tells me to change my port in my configuration file and i looked everywhere and i cant find it, Help :/

I had this issue before as well, just re-install the server in your Control Panel. If that doesn't help, try fixing the port yourself by going to your Control Panel >> Configuration Editor. You can find your correct port at the main Control Panel by looking at the Server Information.

- Camacorn

Contact your host.

thanks camacorn but it won't let me upload my files, I tried uploading them in a .rar and .zip.. and then extracting them

Step by Step on how to upload Game Modes. Do the same method for Script Files/Filterscripts. Easy as 1,2,3.

1) Goto your control panel and click "File Manager".

( Click to see full size. )

2) Click "Gamemodes".

3) Click "Upload File" locate your gamemode, and click ok.

Then just go back to the Control Panel and restart your server.

FOR FTP:
Step 1)

Step 2)

Step 3)

Step 4)

Steps 5 & 6)

In your FTP client: ( This information can be found on the 'FTP Accounts' page in your Control Panel! )

** I suggest using FileZilla which can be downloaded here: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

1) Type your Host in the Hostname box.
2) Type your FTP User in the Username box.
3) Type your FTP Password in the Password box.
4) Type your FTP Port in the Port box.
6) Click connect.

- Camacorn

I done that and everytime it sais this: Your server is set to run on the following address; 174.34.159.19:7780. It is currently stopped.

Check your server error log, that isn't a Volt-Host issue, its an issue with your script. Paste the error's here, and ill try to fix them for you depending on what it is.

- Camacorn

Код:
Loaded log file: "server_log.txt".
----------

SA-MP Dedicated Server
----------------------
v0.3c R2, ©2005-2011 SA-MP Team

[17:04:03] filterscripts = ""  (string)
[17:04:03] 
[17:04:03] Server Plugins
[17:04:03] --------------
[17:04:03]  Loaded 0 plugins.

[17:04:03] I couldn't load any gamemode scripts. Please verify your server.cfg
[17:04:03] It needs a gamemode0 line at the very least.

----------
Loaded log file: "server_log.txt".
----------

SA-MP Dedicated Server
----------------------
v0.3c R2, ©2005-2011 SA-MP Team

[17:04:05] filterscripts = ""  (string)
[17:04:05] 
[17:04:05] Server Plugins
[17:04:05] --------------
[17:04:05]  Loaded 0 plugins.

[17:04:05] I couldn't load any gamemode scripts. Please verify your server.cfg
[17:04:05] It needs a gamemode0 line at the very least.
I have uploaded the gamemode but I dunno how to get the database of my Localhost to set one up on Volt-host.

Ok I got the Server running, but how to I upload my Localhost Database to the Volt-Host one?

Click the MySQL button in your Control Panel, then click Create A New Database in the top right hand corner. Once you are done creating a new one, go back to the MySQL page and click PHPmyAdmin in the top right hand corner. Then click Import, and locate your database, import it, and you should be good to go.

Make sure the mysql connection info in your script matches the database you setup at Volt-Host, or it will not work.

- Camacorn