3ds max or blender

I'm currently using 3DS MAX, But my friend asked which one is better for him to learn, I havent worked on beldner yet, 90% suggest on that free software even though 3ds max is whopping 3000$, I dont get a catch, I also heard blender is harder to learn ,based on keystrokes, shortkeys (please explain whats that), And his pc doesnt only supports 3ds max 2008, but blender i guess light , the latest version works fine "(i guess), but in future he can buy 2012 version and it would be helpful if he learned max instead of blender

3DS max is Pro,but blender is uhm... I guess not harder then 3DS but I kinda suggest to use 3D studio max if you're working on models and stuff... for cinemas guess blender is better.

3ds max.

3Ds max is better...

To me, I don't think there is any difference between those 2 software. You just can't specific which one is better because the final work depends on the user, not the software. Blender can make pretty good stuff too, you should check out its gallery page on its website.

If you are looking for a cheap way to do modelling, consider blender. If you have tons of money and might be a 3D modeler in a BIG company, you should learn 3D Max.

By the way, blender can export its files to 3D Max format and can import them as well.

I'm using Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya.

Anything can be easy to learn if you know how to use brain. heh

Autodesk 3ds Max 2012
is what im using and is really good and eazy to use
is much easier then blender but it takes time to get use to it i took me about half a year to proper get to know the functions etc.