Need a little help...

Well today I have bough second hand moped (UK) and you see insurance is ending in 1-2 days, its my first time doing it, I am not used to it and I am a complete NAB when it comes to that kind of stuff... I want to get a insurance to pay every month and I am confused about it, you see I have done all the informations got a quote it gave me 203 monthly but thats too much... My father pays Ј30 monthly because he done monthly as well and here is my confusion, Do I pay 203 monthly (wtf) or will I get a direct debit that I pay some sum of around 25-30 Ј each month ^.-

(I am trying to get the same insurance from where this moped was insured last time so I might call them BUT before that I need somone who knows about it... I need middle aged man for this to prevent my self from getting embarrassed)
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
Well today I have bough second hand moped (UK) and you see insurance is ending in 1-2 days, its my first time doing it, I am not used to it and I am a complete NAB when it comes to that kind of stuff... I want to get a insurance to pay every month and I am confused about it, you see I have done all the informations got a quote it gave me 203 monthly but thats too much... My father pays Ј30 monthly because he done monthly as well and here is my confusion, Do I pay 203 monthly (wtf) or will I get a direct debit that I pay some sum of around 25-30 Ј each month ^.-

(I am trying to get the same insurance from where this moped was insured last time so I might call them BUT before that I need somone who knows about it... I need middle aged man for this to prevent my self from getting embarrassed)
Thank you!
I'm confused if you only purchased it today how does insurance end in two days? Insurance isn't something that comes with a vehicle like tax etc, they're unique to the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm confused if you only purchased it today how does insurance end in two days? Insurance isn't something that comes with a vehicle like tax etc, they're unique to the person.
Well it is not bought from any companies or anything, its only from some man in another town (advert on online site) M.O.T is done for Nov 2nd 2011 but Road Tax and Insurance ends in 1-2 days or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
Well it is not bought from any companies or anything, its only from sole man in another town (advert on online site) M.O.T is done for Nov 2nd 2011 but Road Tax and Insurance ends in 1-2 days or so
When people say that they're insuring their vehicle they aren't really insuring the vehicle, they're insuring themselves to that vehicle.

Insurance is unique to the owner, it's not like tax or mot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
When people say that they're insuring their vehicle they aren't really insuring the vehicle, they're insuring themselves to that vehicle.

Insurance is unique to the owner, it's not like tax or mot..
Well yea but I do have to insure it on my self now, that is the point of how much it costs, it said on the website Ј203 but thats impossible to pay Ј203 each month since my father pays Ј30 per month for his new Honda Scooter WTF >.< So here I am thinking will they cut it into direct debit and I will pay some sums of Ј30 each month

Difference in price will be due to age, experience etc. Cant you ask your father to organise insurance for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedarr
Посмотреть сообщение
Difference in price will be due to age, experience etc. Cant you ask your father to organise insurance for you?
Well you see I am the one who only speaks English the best from my family, his Insurance was done by one of his friends from work (same language friend so...) All I will need to do seems is to call them where the bike was previously insured maybe they will explain it more.. and get me embarrassed xD

It wont really make a difference where you get insurance from, as its been said its not the vehicle thats been insured, its the person that is insured to drive it, so you wont get any discount or anything. You could try getting insurance online from a comparison website.

Also don't drive it as you are not insured, points and a fine aint something that helps your insurance price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedarr
Посмотреть сообщение
It wont really make a difference where you get insurance from, as its been said its not the vehicle thats been insured, its the person that is insured to drive it, so you wont get any discount or anything. You could try getting insurance online from a comparison website.

Also don't drive it as you are not insured, points and a fine aint something that helps your insurance price.
I know, but the person I bought it from said you don't pay a lot from it, so If it was insured in there before the process might go faster etc.

Maybe, it just depends if you want to phone them or use online. Also what age are you?