What kind of community would you like to see?

Hello..

I was wondering, what kind of community would you like to see? Im planning to make a community, but dont know what to make it for.

For SAMP, Minecraft, Freetime, CS, Music? And alot more, i just want to know what you think about it. I dont want to waste money :P
And then say me what domain should i get to.

So you're starting some sort of a forum?

First, you'll need to plan it out nicely and how you think you'll get the money for hosting, domains and other stuff - because paying monthly is what you will have to do.

We won't tell you what domain you should get because in most cases, the guy behind the idea thinks of the name. All I can say is get .com or .net lol.

Thousands of websites get created daily, most will fail in a few weeks/months. So plan it all nicely, don't think that people will just magically register on your forum and happily post.

Xtreme, yes, i know that. I have been investing money into making a good community for about 1 month, and i have 92€ right now, i can start a community with that.
I just need an idea, becouse 1 community that i tried to start failed and sucked so badly :S.

try first maybe something on a free forum hosting, then when you will grow migrate to paid hosting, that's how I have done it with my sa-mp server about which I was unsure what it would be, however it lasted for 2 years and every player was very happy, we had our own domain (exe24.info) and other servers are now using our released mode (exe24.eu) to renew the server because it was a great one with me, L4nCeR and Rapike on top of it

I actually dont recommend you to start on a free host, its not the same as with a samp server. People who join such stuff want something professional, including the name because otherwise it sounds scam-like. I'm not saying its the same for samp because people visit your forum because they played the game so they know what to expect.

92€? Well hosting will cost around $7 monthly, a domain will be $15 per year. Just basic info, if you want cheaper hosting from one of the top 3 hosts on the planet please PM me. Go ahead and write here what is it that you want, what kind of boards would you create, which games you think would bring most people to you, how would you advertise (even if you have silly ideas, just write so we know where to begin with). I run a fairly successful website and know my deal about advertising and attracting people, so I hope I can help you as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremePlanet
Посмотреть сообщение
I actually dont recommend you to start on a free host, its not the same as with a samp server. People who join such stuff want something professional, including the name because otherwise it sounds scam-like. I'm not saying its the same for samp because people visit your forum because they played the game so they know what to expect.

92Ђ? Well hosting will cost around $7 monthly, a domain will be $15 per year. Just basic info, if you want cheaper hosting from one of the top 3 hosts on the planet please PM me. Go ahead and write here what is it that you want, what kind of boards would you create, which games you think would bring most people to you, how would you advertise (even if you have silly ideas, just write so we know where to begin with). I run a fairly successful website and know my deal about advertising and attracting people, so I hope I can help you as well
You can get cheaper than 7 dollars a month, check HostGator.com for basically unlimited everything.

Xtreme, at the beginning i can get free hosting from volt-host.com becouse i got free webhost with my gameserver from there. If i need more webspace and data transfer then i will move to more powerful host.

Anyways ,im not looking for a gameserver right now, if anyone wants to start a gameserver community with me, go ahead. PM me, i will pay all the fees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremePlanet
Посмотреть сообщение

92Ђ? Well hosting will cost around $7 monthly, a domain will be $15 per year. Just basic info, if you want cheaper hosting from one of the top 3 hosts on the planet please PM me. Go ahead and write here what is it that you want, what kind of boards would you create, which games you think would bring most people to you, how would you advertise (even if you have silly ideas, just write so we know where to begin with). I run a fairly successful website and know my deal about advertising and attracting people, so I hope I can help you as well
why you want ppl to host? with $$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStones
Посмотреть сообщение
why you want ppl to host? with $$$$
You mean ЂЂЂ?

ca2k, I was talking about their better plans that allow you more than one site. I actually have a few sites running on Hostgator and they're the best

Well having a host is a big plus, but what are the limits? As I said write all of your plans somewhere then paste them here, be specific with everything. We can help you out in the beginning, but you will need to take care of little details such as finding the right forum and actually figuring out what is it that you want with the website. Having a large community rocks, but at the end of the day, it costs $.

And BlackStones, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?