DDOS and countermeasures.

Hello.

Our server is beeing attacked by some unhappy person again, currently we use shared game-hosting company - kingJ.net. I am wondering what kind of countermeasures are server admins using - or what can we even do about it?
I was thinking about getting a powerful VPS but I don't know whether that will stop the smaller attacks? If so, can anyone recommend any good VPS hosting company?

Best regards,
c.

You could inform the local police department about this (it's an crime.) or go to your ISP provider, that can possibly find out the IP and arrange something.

Have a nice day !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Coldheart
Посмотреть сообщение
You could inform the local police department about this (it's an crime.) or go to your ISP provider, that can possibly find out the IP and arrange something.

Have a nice day !
I am sorry but I dont think local police department gives a fuck about kingJ.net (which is probably hosted in other country) and my ISP has nothing to do with it either.

There's not much you can do against the DDoS attacks. I don't know how KingJ operates but most providers force you to leave the hosting company if you are being DDoSed. Getting a VPS won't make any difference, you'll need a DDoS protected VPS/Server depending on how strong the attack is - which is very expensive.