Oh my god, what happened to DM Servers?

It's been a long time since I last visited SA-MP community.

I've got to say I am impressed with the amount of amazing scripts compared to a few years ago. Maybe too impressed...

It seems there is just too much Role Playing (aka, complicated no deathmatch with abusive admins) servers. I mean, what the fudge happened to those DM / TDM servers, and why are most of the Role Playing scripts NOT in English?

I play GTA because I want to do stuff I can't do in real life: Killing people, carjacking police officers, etc. Stuff that definitively doesn't involve driving a truck between cities, for god sake.

This is just my opinion... go ahead and reply with yours.

Best regards,
Disturbed+

BTW:
I have no time to create scripts anymore, but I used 15 minutes of my spare time to create a mini-script called "Bounty Hunters", just for fun, for those who still enjoy a simple DM:
- About 40% of the players are marked with a bounty, which expire after 5 minutes;
- The player who kills a marked player will win the bounty value (~ $25.000);
- The script is based on LV: DM Money Grub, by SA-MP;
- The objective is to keep the highest score for as long as possible: Kill, and stay alive;
- Join the server at this address: 62.193.199.205:7777;

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zriptarusk
View Post
I play GTA because I want to do stuff I can't do in real life: Killing people, carjacking police officers, etc. Stuff that definitively doesn't involve driving a truck between cities, for god sake.
That can also apply to roleplay servers. When in real life, will you be able to be chased by the police, through out a massive city, and then get into a shoot out. When in real life, will you be able to own your own skimmer, and fly through out the city.

Driving a truck between cities is the least that you can do in roleplay servers.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zriptarusk
View Post
It seems there is just too much Role Playing (aka, complicated no deathmatch with abusive admins) servers. I mean, what the fudge happened to those DM / TDM servers, and why are most of the Role Playing scripts NOT in English?
I do agree with you, there is to many roleplay servers.

And the non-English servers have ridiculous amounts of players. come on, why would you want 3 servers, on the same game-mode, with up to 200 players on each. I would be happy with 20 to 30 players on my server...not 100 ^_^

Agreed.
Since the most important thing in DM is the sync, while the sync is hard to improve,
people may go for other types of servers (most probably RP).

RP gets boring, i don't understand why it's still here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
RP gets boring, i don't understand why it's still here...
I understand why they are still here, and I think it's great having them around, even though I don't play RP. There's just too many...

In my opinion, Roleplaying is "a chance to live and play a life in the virtual world." I mean, if you want to be a cop in real life, then gain your cop knowledge by roleplaying a cop in a realistic roleplay server. If you want to see 'how zombies live', and what would happen if zombies invade the world, then go to a zombie roleplay server. Though, some roleplayers are moving to DM/TDM servers because deathmatching is all about action and not silent at all (roleplay). It's all about kill, kill, kill. Crouch, hide, gopper and shoot. Deathmatchers want to do shooting in a virtual world. Literally, it's the people's choice if they prefer RP/DM/TDM/CTF/CTV/etc.

Actually, RP bores me out.. The main thing is that there are too much rules and you have to learn all those dumb commands for nothing.. and I love DM, but I don't think it fits with SAMP with this sync :/.

I think the players in DM servers will raise for sure if sync is much better than it is atm.

btw, this video wins:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmvYhhyex5U[/ame]

I agree!! I like tdm and dm very much xD

RP servers is way to much, look at the advisement board, the board itself is filled with RP advisements.

Quote:

The main thing is that there are too much rules [...]

Quote:

Roleplaying is "a chance to live and play a life in the virtual world." I mean, if you want to be a cop in real life, then gain your cop knowledge by roleplaying a cop in a realistic roleplay server

Another thought: what's the point of being a cop, if the "bad guys" can't kill or carjack someone?

I agree that there are way too much role play servers available to join! I don't particularly like death-matching, but it is a shame to see so many successful DM servers be overrun by so many role play servers. I hope this changes sometime soon...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacOQdWvv3c[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray
View Post
Interesting...

By the way, nice mods; would you happen to know where you got the weapon and weapon sound mods from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
Interesting...

By the way, nice mods; would you happen to know where you got the weapon and weapon sound mods from?
That's not my video xD