Custom Server Rules

Hello

Here's what I'm doing. If you're not familiar with ****** webmaster tools or ****** apps, well what they do to verify that you own the website, is make you do one of the following:

1. Put a <meta> tag with a special code into the <head> section of your website
2. Add a domain record to your domain with a special code (can't remember the exact details for the domain option)

Well, I want to do a similar thing with SA:MP servers to verify that the "owner" of the server is really the owner, and not some random person. My idea was that server owners could somehow add a custom server rule with a special code, and when they've done that, they can click a button and my webserver will query their SA:MP server and check if the special server rule is there.

If anyone knows how to do this or has any other ideas on how this could be achieved, I'd be pleased to know. And please, if you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, then don't bother replying.

Cheers,
Blacklite

removed.

Bump bump bump - still can't work it out...

Didn't YSI (or YSF..) plug-in have a function to create custom server rules? I'm not sure how you'd query it from outside the game-mode itself though, unless you had some sort of PHP wrapper inside of it or something super nerdy like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalamalam
Посмотреть сообщение
Didn't YSI (or YSF..) plug-in have a function to create custom server rules? I'm not sure how you'd query it from outside the game-mode itself though, unless you had some sort of PHP wrapper inside of it or something super nerdy like that.
Yes, YSF had it. But YSF used memory hacking, and hasn't been updated for the later versions of SA:MP and is therefore (unfortunately) unsuitable. There was a lot of controversy surrounding that plugin too...

Also yes, I am indeed using PHP to query the servers, which is why custom rules would be the simplest way of doing it for both me and whoever wanted to "validate" their server.