[Tutorial] How to Convert/Add objects to SA-MP!

Hello Soup here-

I have finally come to where I will explain you guys all my tricks and what I do to add these objects in, Half of you guys have been waiting for this tutorial, and the wait is over, you guys are now gonna convert objects!

Stuff your going to need for this tutorial
Notepad
MED - download it here - http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1053
Respawn's IMG: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=2077
or
IMG tool: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f552-img-tool-2-0
Colision file Editer: http://www.steve-m.com/downloads/tools/colleditor2/
and Breadfish map editer: Search it on the forums.

I am gonna export an LC object. and import it into SA-MP, watch

1. Alright lets start with a clean IMG and IDE (( You should already have one... ))

2. Download the programs above

3. Open med, open a Total Conversion Dictionary, for an example, Gta united.

4. After you select a Total Conversion, goto Scene on the tabs and select one of the boxes then hit render.

5. Alright after the scene is done rendering, there should be objects showing, Click on one of them, then open IMG editer

6.Right click on the object in MED then hit Properties, and a little box should pull up

7. Once you get that pulled up, head over to the paper That says COL on it, click that

8. Go back to your IMG editer and open your img that has that object inside of it, Img's are uselly found in Model's folder or in Data/maps > map name..

9. Once you have the IMG file, search for the Col (In med Collison Object Properties) by going to Edit > find, and once you have found it, export it to a folder, if you haven't then keep going to img to img files till you find it..

10. Now find the object txd and the dff in IMG tool from your object on Med, export the 2 files into the same folder as the .col folder

11. Now close Med and img tool and open the folder where the object is...

12. Open the .col file and check and see if it has only the object name you picked it will only have the dff name, goto edit > find to find your object

13.Export it to the same folder, and call it the same name as the dff file

14. Delete the Multi-Col ( If you wanna 2 objects, do the same thing BUT, open your first col file and import the 2nd col file in there)

15. Open the img back up, Head to your custom img.

16. place the objects in. (If you have multi objects then you can import those objects in Respawn's img tool, and just drag objects in if you have alot, WARNING YOU CANNOT HAVE 2 COL FILES)

17. Rebuild it and open the CUSTOM.IDE

18. Place objs inside the IDE file, then search for the IDE in the Total Conversion Dictionary in Data/maps or in other places.. Seach for your Object name ( Dff name ) and start with the IDE number 19310, The limit is 20000, I would start with 19310 though..

19. Save the IDE, Place the following line under your IDE name and install Breadfish Map editer to place the object(s)

end
tobj
end
path
end
2dfx
end

20. Your done!

Pic of the object ingame:

This tutorial has been made from scratch by Soupiest/Slayer101..

Can an SA-MP Moderator? also pined this? Its really an important thing in SA-MP and can be very useful in the future.

Also Guys mind post pics of your objects you converted? I just want see you guys converted objects a success

Very nice work bro

Nice, but are people allowed to add maps to SA:MP? I mean it does change the gameplay a bit... Also, this is not really a scripting tutorial is it lol.

But looks nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha500delta
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice, but are people allowed to add maps to SA:MP? I mean it does change the gameplay a bit... Also, this is not really a scripting tutorial is it lol.

But looks nice
It can go inside here, also if you look on 18 through 20. That is really kinda related I think but anyway I want to say something to these SA-MP viewers and players. I want players to mod objects inside there server too, players has asked me about how to add objects into sa-mp, well the players who asked, there answer is here, and this is how I build most of my modded converted maps. This is where it all happends.

Just wanted to give my little speech.

And I mean it add's custom objects, not maps,it says objects on the title, And yes it does changes the gameplay, this is very useful like I said, can be used for almost any server.

Would this for example " If I made a custom car mod, and put it on my RP server. other people would be able to see my custom mode in game. Or is this something only I will see?

I ment Mod. If I put a shelby GT 500 in my RP server using this method, All other people will be able to see the Shelby GT 500 as well, Or still only me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1990
Посмотреть сообщение
I ment Mod. If I put a shelby GT 500 in my RP server using this method, All other people will be able to see the Shelby GT 500 as well, Or still only me?
If your including the Collision file with that car, then yes.

Hello. I have an problem with adding new object to SA-MP. I make new model and using old texture file. When I try to create it in game on my chat server writing Warning(opcode 0x107): Exception 0xC0000005 at 0x59F8B4. Anyone have an idea how to repair it? in CUSTOM.ide file I have something like that: 19347, freeway2, freewaay2, 200, 0. Please quick reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronMan
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello. I have an problem with adding new object to SA-MP. I make new model and using old texture file. When I try to create it in game on my chat server writing Warning(opcode 0x107): Exception 0xC0000005 at 0x59F8B4. Anyone have an idea how to repair it? in CUSTOM.ide file I have something like that: 19347, freeway2, freewaay2, 200, 0. Please quick reply
Well do you have the col file added inside your img for your model?

No. I don't have col file for this model yet. Can I use col file from anything form gta3.img? If not, how I can make quickly col file for my new object?