Can anyone help?

Well, I've downloaded this server and hosted it but the hoster thing says it is running too much resources. I'm really new to scripting and what does 'resources' mean? Like filterscripts, strings? or what.. We unloaded all filterscripts, so it was the gm.

So what should I change in the gm to make it lower on resources?

Thanks

Check each loop, and each timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh3r0
Посмотреть сообщение
Check each loop, and each timer.
Check them for what about them? sorry, I really am new.

if by resources they mean cpu usage, then the problem could be caused by a bug which causes the cpu usage to increase significantly, try to use less loops.and if you downloaded the gm from here, check its thread, it probably got updated and this type of bug was dealt with.

Use PVars instead of normal vars. Use foreach instead of regular loops. Use MySQL/y_ini for file saving. Don't use 256 sized strings. Use less filterscripts. Use zcmd/ycmd.

Resources is as it is. For example it stresses the CPU to much or it uses to much RAM memory.

Like said before, try looking for loops inside loops, or alot of stuff under OnPlayerUpdate(playerid).

I'd like to note, that I'd preffer normal variables over PVars, unlike the poster above me. Normal variables are staticly allocated.