Server requirements

Hi

I looked around for the spec requirements for running a static sa mp server, my brother might be interested in scripting the server as a part of script training And might create some heavy scripts.

Taken from here:

Minimum

* 1 GHz Processor
o Pentium 3 / Athlon or equivalent
* 256MB RAM
* Win 98/Me/2000/Xp/Vista
* 64MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9 compatible)
o Radeon 8500 / GeForce 3 or equivalent
* 8X DVD-ROM Drive
* 3.6GB free HD space
* DirectX 9 compatible soundcard

Recommended

* Intel pentium 4 HT 2,8 Ghz Processor Intel pentium D 3.0 GHZ / AMD Athlon X2 3800+
* 1GB RAM
* Win 98/Me/2000/Xp
* PCIe 256MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9c compatible)
o Radeon X800 / GeForce 6,7 or equivalent
* 16X DVD-ROM Drive
* 5.0GB free HD space

SA:MP specific

In addition to the standard Single Player requirements, SA:MP needs the following:

* 5.6MB free Hard Drive space
* An Internet Connection (512k+ Broadband is highly recommended for smooth online play)
* A copy of GTA San Andreas for PC - V1.0 [NOT V1.01, V2.0, V3.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha500delta
Посмотреть сообщение
Taken from here:

Minimum

* 1 GHz Processor
o Pentium 3 / Athlon or equivalent
* 256MB RAM
* Win 98/Me/2000/Xp/Vista
* 64MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9 compatible)
o Radeon 8500 / GeForce 3 or equivalent
* 8X DVD-ROM Drive
* 3.6GB free HD space

Recommended

* Intel pentium 4 HT 2,8 Ghz Processor Intel pentium D 3.0 GHZ / AMD Athlon X2 3800+
* 1GB RAM
* Win 98/Me/2000/Xp
* PCIe 256MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9c compatible)
o Radeon X800 / GeForce 6,7 or equivalent
* 16X DVD-ROM Drive
* 5.0GB free HD space

SA:MP specific

In addition to the standard Single Player requirements, SA:MP needs the following:

* 5.6MB free Hard Drive space
* An Internet Connection (512k+ Broadband is highly recommended for smooth online play)
* A copy of GTA San Andreas for PC - V1.0 [NOT V1.01, V2.0, V3.0]
Those have nothing to do with running an SA-MP server, they are for the SA-MP client.

As for the server, it depends on how heavy the script is, generally you won't need much hardware power, SA-MP servers tend to be more heavy on the bandwidth than anything. If you're not going to be running a big clunky script then any low spec server will do just fine for plenty of people to play on it once it has enough bandwidth and a fast connection.

Oh yeah lol... Didnt see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
Those have nothing to do with running an SA-MP server, they are for the SA-MP client.

As for the server, it depends on how heavy the script is, generally you won't need much hardware power, SA-MP servers tend to be more heavy on the bandwidth than anything. If you're not going to be running a big clunky script then any low spec server will do just fine for plenty of people to play on it once it has enough bandwidth and a fast connection.
I read here in the forums that is 25kbps per player, i want to run a 100 slots server.

25*100 = 2,5MB

So if i have a connection with 6MB (upload and download) it's ok for my server (with 100 slots)?

thank you

It should be,maybe you should decrease to around 75 to save some bandwith and so your ISP go on a rage like mine did when I pulled 50mps from them