Command/text problems

Hello,

I'm making a function that will trigger when you type ! infront of the sentence. Example: !Hello my name is hanzen. Then it will send a clientmessage, but I really can't figure out how to solve this. Something that has to go under OnPlayerText or on OnPlayerCommandText, and how to do it?

Would appreciate answers
Regards Hanzen

I'm sure its OnPlayerText since ! isnt a command on sa-mp but this is a good question, i could make something when the question is solved. cause i have a cod4 server :P
there must be a way to detect !%s (!text)
not sure if it works but maybe you could first format a string with !%s,text); and then use strfind and use the string. like strfind(text,string,blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Peterson
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure its OnPlayerText since ! isnt a command on sa-mp but this is a good question, i could make something when the question is solved. cause i have a cod4 server :P
there must be a way to detect !%s (!text)
not sure if it works but maybe you could first format a string with !%s,text); and then use strfind and use the string. like strfind(text,string,blah blah
Yeah, code suggestions? Still pretty insecure.

I tried what you said, and it works in a way. But it also works if you type hello! I want to set it so the ! has to be at the start.

Try this:

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerText(playerid, text[])
{
     if(text[0] == '!')
     {
          // do stuff here
     }
     return 1;
}