SetPlayerCameraPos and SetPlayerCameraLookAt

These functions don't work when you use TogglePlayerSpectating.

Example:

TogglePlayerSpectating(playerid, 1);
SetPlayerCameraPos(playerid, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
SetPlayerCameraLookAt(playerid, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);

The camera pos and lookat doesn't change. It is still the default spectating pos and lookat.

Yea it should not nowrk becouse Toggle player spectating makes player spactate something and automaticly detect some camera movements but you can try to add SetPlayerCamera In timer and then look for results.

For example make 5 seconds non repeadeted timer after Toggle is used.

IMO it SHOULD work. Spectate mode isn't just for spectating players or vehicles you know...

The point of SetPlayerSpectating is to spectate either a player or vehicle ( Thanks to: PlayerSpectatePlayer/Vehicle).

If you want to do it another way, just use SetPlayerCameraPos to set it's position and don't enable spectating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
View Post
The point of SetPlayerSpectating is to spectate either a player or vehicle ( Thanks to: PlayerSpectatePlayer/Vehicle).

If you want to do it another way, just use SetPlayerCameraPos to set it's position and don't enable spectating.
Your wrong. Grand Larcany uses it for a custom class selection. It can have many uses. It it was only for spectating a player or vehicle then it would be TogglePlayerSpectating(playerid, PLAYER_OR_VEHICLE, SPECTATE_MODE_TYPE) or something like that.

Interesting, however if it works for Grand Larceny how come it will not work for you? It must be something you are doing wrong.

And there isn't a need to use TogglePlayerSpectating in this case - I believe they only used it to move the player out of the game position. You can just set the players location somewhere random (like: 200.0, 200.0, 20000.0), freeze them, and then use the other camera functions as normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
View Post
Interesting, however if it works for Grand Larceny how come it will not work for you? It must be something you are doing wrong.

And there isn't a need to use TogglePlayerSpectating in this case - I believe they only used it to move the player out of the game position. You can just set the players location somewhere random (like: 200.0, 200.0, 20000.0), freeze them, and then use the other camera functions as normal.
Wrong, again. The player needs to be in the area of where his camera is at, otherwise the map wont load.

I've thought of another use for TogglePlayerSpectating - a roleplay CCTV system

Wrong, for you. I've done it multiple times and will do it now just to prove you wrong. Please actually test things before making BS accusations. If I find some good recording software, and after I have already recorded my own bug report, I will upload a video.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 31 seconds.

Don't bother. I didn't make this topic to discuss workarounds to the problem, I made it to report the bug in hope of it getting fixed.