Donations

Currently I've been using Daopay for my server, but it's simply not working out at all. It doesn't support all the countrys, nor does it give me the money when required, a text donation is given to me 90 days after the donation is made, and a call donation after 60 days.

Now, to the point of this thread, I was going to ask all of you if someone knows about another phone donation system that's pretty effective for the people that won't donate with a creditcard?

Surfpin?

Let me ask you something what is Daopay?

Do you need like a pin or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotXtreme
Посмотреть сообщение
Surfpin?
Do I get the money directly? And does it support almost every country?

www.daopay.com

Pretty sucky donation system for SMS/Call donating.

Why don't you just use PayPal? I don't see why it's necessary to have a phone payment method...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Why don't you just use PayPal? I don't see why it's necessary to have a phone payment method...
Paypal isnt a good idea. It may lock your money so you cannot withdraw it.

Alertpay is the best.

I've looked into phone donation systems several times, there really aren't any good ones, the operating costs are simply too high and the end result is that the person accepting payments literally gets nothing from a payment, sometimes it's as low as 10% payment, all depending on the country, it's crazy.

In reality most people should have a bank account and should be able to easily send international bank transfers, or link their account to PayPal and pay like that. So that's the best way of accepting donations in my opinion, if you go with phone payments, you'll need to charge way more to make any profit.

I would also love if everyone would donate using a credit card, but welcome to the real world, there is alot of people that doesn't have a credit card/rather uses a phone, and on my server, I've had one guy donating with a credit card, the rest of them wants to donate by phone, and I'll just respect that.

If they don't have a credit card, explain how they can pay by phone. It's probably a 12 year old kid who is going behind their parents backs and believes the telephone way is going to help 'em out. I hope you like getting your $2.50 out of $10.00.

Nearly every online payment service requires customer to be 18+. Because majority of SA:MP players is underaged, they cannot use those services without parents approval or fake age. This is the reason why phone payment methods are useful.