strcmp bug/issue

Well we all know strcmp has that bug of returning false if it returns a valid value.

I can't seem to find a way to change the pickup model depending on the name.

Here is my code:
pawn Code:
function AddHouses(HouseID)
{
    DestroyHouses(HouseID)
    HouseInfo[HouseID][LabelID] = Create3DTextLabel(str, CYAN, HouseInfo[HouseID][EntX], HouseInfo[HouseID][EntY], HouseInfo[HouseID][EntY], 30.0, -1, 1);
    if(strcmp(HouseInfo[HouseID][Owner], "For Sale", true) == 1)
    {
        HouseInfo[HouseID][PickupID] = CreatePickup(1273, 23, HouseInfo[HouseID][EntX], HouseInfo[HouseID][EntY], HouseInfo[HouseID][EntZ], -1); //Green
    }
    else if(strcmp(HouseInfo[HouseID][Owner], "For Sale", true) == 0)
    {
        HouseInfo[HouseID][PickupID] = CreatePickup(1272, 23, HouseInfo[HouseID][EntX], HouseInfo[HouseID][EntY], HouseInfo[HouseID][EntZ], -1); //Blue
    }
    return 1;
}
I've tried tons of things, switching the values ( == 1/ == 0). But none of it just works.

The problem is that no matter what the House owner's name is, it will be green; meaning the house can be bought.

If I switch the values the other way where == 1 is in the second else if, the same thing happens. But the model is blue this time. No matter the name.

If this doesn't work, I'll just use a var to see if its owned or not.

That's not a bug, the function is designed that way.

Try putting a max-length on the strcmp, you know the string won't be longer than 8 characters anyway.

http://pastebin.com/Aqk1haFW

A max length isn't needed, hence an optional paramater.

The only problem would be the Owner's name not correctly being extracted into the array - Show where you do this.

@bigconfycouch: Your code does the same thing, just in a different manner.

Not really. He was checking if the house's owner WASN'T "for sale" and putting the green icon up. The check was reversed.

Well he said he had tried the other ways (changing the result) so I assumed they did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfycouch
View Post
Not really. He was checking if the house's owner WASN'T "for sale" and putting the green icon up. The check was reversed.
@ Grim_ you're correct.

I already tried that, and it ended up with the same results.

People can forget this, I'll just add a bool with a IsOwned.