3 Questions

Hi

1) Is it possible to force a specific cinematic camera shot to stay in scene, and not change to the next one?

2) Is it possible to create a command that will allow the car to "cruise" at a specific speed? For example /command 30mph and this forces the car to stay steady at that speed?

3) Is it possible to make a GPS command that will locate the CLOSEST location to it? For example, if you where lost and wanted to find a transfender, you type /gps transfender and it will automatically locate the closest one to you?

Thanks!

3 is possible, but will need a few defined areas and a few equations to calculate distance using x,y and comparing them to others - I believe.

2 You may be able to do this with the vehicle velocity function, however, it'd be iffy.

And for 1, I do not know at all.

All are possible but you must script them by yourself.

g_ASlice has released a vehicle speed limiter or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFriSki
Посмотреть сообщение
3 is possible, but will need a few defined areas and a few equations to calculate distance using x,y and comparing them to others - I believe.

2 You may be able to do this with the vehicle velocity function, however, it'd be iffy.

And for 1, I do not know at all.
Thanks, one more question :P

Is it possible to have the ingame nametag, different to the one used in when signing in? So for example, when the player joins a gang, a nametag apears at the start of his name, but only ingame, without having the need to change the main name? So log in would be John_Doe but ingame it will show [GANG]John_Doe?

Thanks

Hi, sorry, I got a few more questions...

1) is it possible to make it so any ingame car can have the blue flashing FBI lights, the same as on FBI suburbans? I wanted to make undercover cars etc...

2) can I alter the speed of any car ingame, to make it faster? if so, can I only make it so "gear 1" is faster?

Thanks!

@Online namechange, yes its possible and West Side RPG uses that as clan tags.

1 ) Its not possible to make any cars but you can use a external sound that makes it sound like the beacon / siren.

2 ) Yes, SetVehicleVelocity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retardedwolf
Посмотреть сообщение
@Online namechange, yes its possible and West Side RPG uses that as clan tags.
Thanks, so the name you use to sign in via SA-MP is displayed different to the ingame name, right? Because I wanted a username style system where they can have one username, but different ingame names.

Quote:

1 ) Its not possible to make any cars but you can use a external sound that makes it sound like the beacon / siren.

Hmm, I did read somewhere that maybe it was possible using streamers, but I'm not really sure. Regarding the siren sound, how will this work? Will everyone in the server need to download a sound pack in order to hear it?

Quote:

2 ) Yes, SetVehicleVelocity.

Thanks, but, I wanted to change the specific speed of the a "gear" (like gear 1, gear 2, gear 3) I think the above only works if you want to change the complete speed of the car, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, regarding my original post, the one about the GPS (3) would any be willing to help me create a function like that, or will that be way to hard? In theory, it doesn't sound too difficult.

Thanks.

Anyone?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 8 characters.

Yes having a username style system is possible.

Nope you don't use a streamer you use the external audio client.

You must script the gears by yourself this is a example

And yes the GPS system is possible. If you want a GPS system use the Script Request Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retardedwolf
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes having a username style system is possible.

Nope you don't use a streamer you use the external audio client.

You must script the gears by yourself this is a example

And yes the GPS system is possible. If you want a GPS system use the Script Request Thread.
Thanks for the replies, just two questions...

1) When you say audio client, does that mean everyone in the server has to download it, in order to hear it or this is installed server side?

2) Thanks I will post in the Request Thread, but do you think anyone would actually do it?