NPC Question

Hi,

A few months ago I heard of something in the works regarding Bots... I see its been done and wanted to know... Do NPC's use up player slots? Like if I had 10 bots, would they show up as players in the server list? It's just someone told me this back then and I was curious.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin81
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi,

A few months ago I heard of something in the works regarding Bots... I see its been done and wanted to know... Do NPC's use up player slots? Like if I had 10 bots, would they show up as players in the server list? It's just someone told me this back then and I was curious.

Thanks!
They take slots away from your maximum players setting. So if you had 500 slots, and added 10 NPC's you would now only have 0/490.

The NPC's don't show in the playerlist, although when scripting, they behave just like a players character would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
They take slots away from your maximum players setting. So if you had 500 slots, and added 10 NPC's you would now only have 0/490.

The NPC's don't show in the playerlist, although when scripting, they behave just like a players character would.
This is beautiful. Thanks for the insight. I'm actually excited about SA-MP again, can't wait to get back into it just for the fun of the bots.

I do have another question though. What could you do with the bots? Could they drive cars? If so, could you jump out in front of them and jack them just like in SP?

Thanks again.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
This is beautiful. Thanks for the insight. I'm actually excited about SA-MP again, can't wait to get back into it just for the fun of the bots.

I do have another question though. What could you do with the bots? Could they drive cars? If so, could you jump out in front of them and jack them just like in SP?

Thanks again.
No, bots are really only used as drivers of vehicles and characters walking around on pre-recorded paths. They can also perform various other actions in certain circumstances, and they also load scripts specifically made for NPC's. (Which you code yourself).

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
No, bots are really only used as drivers of vehicles and characters walking around on pre-recorded paths. They can also perform various other actions in certain circumstances, and they also load scripts specifically made for NPC's. (Which you code yourself).
I see, so what does happen if you jumped in front of a pre-loaded driving bot? The bot runs you over and carries on?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I see, so what does happen if you jumped in front of a pre-loaded driving bot? The bot runs you over and carries on?
Yes, you will not be able to stop them, no matter what you do.

For the best example of what bots are capable of, just start messing around with your own

This helped me a bit too

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, each NPC you add is actually a new samp-npc process, so you'd typically be creating 200 new processes. Would is cause a lot of load on the server? Probably not, but I'm not so sure many hosts would allow so many bots.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Just a few more questions:

1) Can NPC's shoot at a specific person if they are seen? So lets say, you have a bodyguard NPC standing outside the protecting building. An enemy member walks upto the building, and the NPC starts to shoot. Is this possible?

2) Can you kill an NPC? I was watching a ******* video where bots from two factions where shooting, and killing each other.

Thanks.

Anyone?...

Yea, it's both possible, but don't except much anyways..