Password Hash

What does this mean!? When i enter someone's account in scriptfiles/ladmin/users it shows me one line that says Password_Hash:192483902 . What does this mean? Could someone tell me?

Scary to play on your server :S that means that their password is protected so YOU can't get access to their accnts. HA!!

A password hash is a non-reversible function which takes a plain-text input and produces a hashed output. This is used to safely store user passwords - if your user database was ever leaked it would mean that no one would be able to view the plain-text passwords. Equally, it means that you can also not view user passwords, which is also a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
View Post
A password hash is a non-reversible function which takes a plain-text input and produces a hashed output. This is used to safely store user passwords - if your user database was ever leaked it would mean that no one would be able to view the plain-text passwords. Equally, it means that you can also not view user passwords, which is also a good thing.
ah,okay that's what i needed to hear! Now i know what it means.
Quote:

Equally, it means that you can also not view user passwords, which is also a good thing

why is that good thing?

Quote:

Scary to play on your server :S that means that their password is protected so YOU can't get access to their accnts. HA!!

I am owner,why would i need someones password?

HASH is used to save users password and if someone hack into their account than he get just random crap numbers and letters

So it mean with HASH users password are safe(well maybe not safe 100% but it will slow down hacker)

ok thanks!

MD5 Hash became quite hackable, since people likes to make decrypters, n00bs (those who make those websites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman
View Post
Well people can decrypt plaintext easy...
Truez

People usually double hack these days sha1(md5("string"));

and if someone loses password?how can I give password?