Very big problem when installing Windows XP

Hello, I have took my friends' PC to reinstall windows. I have reinstalled a lot of computers, but I haven't seen this shit before. So, my problem is:
When waiting for "Press any key to boot from CD" to appear, appears "Error loading operating system". And this happens with Windows XP Service Pack 1, 2, 3. I have no problems to boot a Windows 7 DVD, but when setup loads all of the files I get an error, that one of the files is missing (different file each time when restarted).
Searhed internet for about 1 hour, and haven't found an solution, so maybe there are some guru's, that can help me?

Thanks so much.
-Aivaras.

If a file is missing but Windows 7 will Boot its likely a problem in your Windows XP CD/DVD maybe its got scratched, Trust me Ive worked for a computer repair store here and we had real copy's of Windows XP CD's and we where forbidden to scratch them or touch bottom of CD at all or leave them out somewhere or else we'll be fired.

Also could be files are missing on that CD if any chance...

That's the interesting part. Windows XP cd is booting and installing on other computers nicely, without problems. I think HDD is dead, because even Windows 7 can't write files to HDD, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiVAMAN
View Post
That's the interesting part. Windows XP cd is booting and installing on other computers nicely, without problems. I think HDD is dead, because even Windows 7 can't write files to HDD, so...
Oh well than likely yeah.