Scripting

Ok I use to be a really good script back in my days. I quit scripting and now i can't remember shit. I'm tired of bugging you guys with all these questions. It took me forever to learn script because a friend taught me it. I see how you guys are really good scripters and I am wondering where you guys learned how to. Yes it is very noobish but I would really appreciate it because i use to script good and people are offering me to script for them and i keep ahving to let them down and tell them tht i quit and cant remember anyhting.

Best place to learn is:

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/

The best thing to do is to take a little time every day and learn some basics. After you learned how to use functions, callbacks, arrays and so on you can beginn to watch some finished scripts and look how they work.
Then you have the little basics. Try now to script difficult commands or multi systems, like Roleplay scripts.

I think if you have already script you will elarn it fast. 2-3 month with 2-3 hours per day ist the time you will take to learn how to script perfectly.

Or you are just a lier and you canґt script xDDDD Joke :>

I learned just from taking FeaR's Godfather script and trying to make it more realistic/better.

Started off by adding cars for a faction, then gates, and open/close commands for them, just got more and more complex.

My Advice? Do not start with Roleplay Start by making Stunt servers and other freeroam servers. Then the next step is to go for Team Deaths Matches (TDM). The last thing to script is a roleplay server ,feel the intensity as I say, FROM SCRATCH.

And ofcourse we are always here for any help.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToPhrESH
Ok I use to be a really good script back in my days. I quit scripting and now i can't remember shit. I'm tired of bugging you guys with all these questions. It took me forever to learn script because a friend taught me it. I see how you guys are really good scripters and I am wondering where you guys learned how to. Yes it is very noobish but I would really appreciate it because i use to script good and people are offering me to script for them and i keep ahving to let them down and tell them tht i quit and cant remember anyhting.
Cool story bro'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ЂЯĢ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToPhrESH
Cool story bro'.
Totally spam >.>

Thanks guys I will try to learn from wiki but alot of their stuff isn't that clear. I cant really make servers online because I dont know how. I just script it and sent it to them by MSN a long time ago..

yes i know i have you guys to ask but i believe i am just spamming this index with all my questions thanks alot guys thanks soo much

Putting servers online don't cost do they?

Learning all the functions and callbacks is the very most important. I have been making a lot of stuff, and when I get stuck, there is always(or usually) a function for that. Like some days ago.. I wanted to keep all the players inside a place, and I had no idea how to do it. My friend said that there is a function named "SetPlayerWorldBoundaries". So learning the functions and their purpose really help you.

I have NOT looked at any gamemode and learned from it. I have simply read the wiki, tried out stuff, and got some help from a friend.

- Dolph

yeah,I need to remember scripting too ^^