Reduce disk space to the minimal required for sa-mp

Alright guys, i'm new here so i don't really know where to post this so don't be harsh on me.
My 500Gb hard drive just recently failed so now i'm stuck with the stock 80Gb drive and i can't afford a new drive anytime soon.

My question is, how can i reduce disk space taken by gta-sa to the strict minimal required by sa-mp to work properly ? i don't care about singleplayer at all, so how do i delete all that stuff related to cutscenes, voice acting, and all that other crap i won't need in sa-mp just to free some disk space i crucially need ?

thanks in advance !

Rename the audio folder to something else and see if it still works. If the game still works, you can safely delete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Fallow / KevKo
Rename the audio folder to something else and see if it still works. If the game still works, you can safely delete it.
Then you won't have car/weapon and any other ingame sounds.

80 GB isn't enough?
I remember my first hard drive, a whopping 10 MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrack
Alright guys, i'm new here so i don't really know where to post this so don't be harsh on me.
My 500Gb hard drive just recently failed so now i'm stuck with the stock 80Gb drive and i can't afford a new drive anytime soon.

My question is, how can i reduce disk space taken by gta-sa to the strict minimal required by sa-mp to work properly ? i don't care about singleplayer at all, so how do i delete all that stuff related to cutscenes, voice acting, and all that other crap i won't need in sa-mp just to free some disk space i crucially need ?

thanks in advance !

ntfs compression

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprofitt
80 GB isn't enough?
I remember my first hard drive, a whopping 10 MB.
You know, i've got too much stuff and i really need it it's different lmao my first drive had 360Mb or so lol

Alright i've tried renaming stuff but the game doesn't work without, then i tried placing an empty file with the same name it worked but i got a lot of missing sounds and stuff, the only things i could get rid of safely are the radios i never listen to, stuff like radio los santos and that other one with the hypnotic/trance music or whatever + the cutscene audio: saved me 800mb total, not as much as i was hoping but it's enough