checkpoint ain't showing with IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint

Hello, I made a checkpoint, under OnPlayerSpawn, I didn't want it to show on map when a player spawns, so I added IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint. But the checkpoint isn't showing, that's the problem.

THIS IS UNDER ONPLAYERSPAWN
pawn Код:
if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 3.0, -1422.1245,-288.1826,14.1484))
    {
        SetPlayerCheckpoint(playerid,-1422.1245,-288.1826,14.1484, 3.1);
    }
    return 1;

You missed a brace.
pawn Код:
if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 3.0, -1422.1245,-288.1826,14.1484))
{
    SetPlayerCheckpoint(playerid,-1422.1245,-288.1826,14.1484, 3.0);
return 1;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus❶❸❸❼
Not really no, syntax wise there is no problem with that code.

What is the result that you want to have? Your current code creates a checkpoint if a player spawns near the checkpoint location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice.j
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus❶❸❸❼
Not really no, syntax wise there is no problem with that code.

What is the result that you want to have? Your current code creates a checkpoint if a player spawns near the checkpoint location.
I tried what ikarus said! But, I want, when a player is near of that point, the checkpoint appears. Everyone spawns somewhere else.
What I need to do?

As I said, syntax wise, your code is fine - you are not missing a bracket anywhere.

However to get the result you actually want you have to use OnPlayerSpawn is the wrong callback to use (as that only gets triggered when a player spawns).

I am not too sure whether this is the best solution but for instance you might check the current player coordinations with a loop with a timed function.

Код:
forward Inc_CheckPoint();
public Inc_Checkpoint(){
   for(new i=0;i<MAX_PLAYERS;i++){
     if(!IsPlayerConnected(i))
        continue;
     if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(i,){   // intended coordinations
        // your code that shall be executed
     }
}

SetTimer("Inc_CheckPoint",5000,1);
Now this is definitely not a good solution ressource wise and I'd suggest you to come up with a workaround - but to start with and to give you an idea it should do good.

Another problem is, that there can be exceptions and no checkpoints show up if a player quickly runs through the area while the function doesn't trigger in that very moment (in the example above it's called each 5000ms).

Quote:
As I said, syntax wise, your code is fine - you are not missing a bracket anywhere.

However to get the result you actually want you have to use OnPlayerSpawn is the wrong callback to use (as that only gets triggered when a player spawns).

I am not too sure whether this is the best solution but for instance you might check the current player coordinations with a loop with a timed function.

Код:
forward Inc_CheckPoint();
public Inc_Checkpoint(){
   for(new i=0;i<MAX_PLAYERS;i++){
     if(!IsPlayerConnected(i))
        continue;
     if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(i,){  // intended coordinations
        // your code that shall be executed
     }
}

SetTimer("Inc_CheckPoint",5000,1);
Now this is definitely not a good solution ressource wise and I'd suggest you to come up with a workaround - but to start with and to give you an idea it should do good.
Is this all needed? Seriously, I only want to show checkpoint when a player is in range of that point, why the hell do I need timer? o.O

Well, how do you want to check and especially - where - whether the player is in that range or not?

You can of course try workarounds and use functions getting called on other events, hence I straightly mentioned that in my post

Quote:
Well, how do you want to check and especially - where - whether the player is in that range or not?

You can of course try workarounds and use functions getting called on other events, hence I straightly mentioned that in my post
IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint of course, maybe something else that works.

That's not the problem. Where to put IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint is the question you have to ask yourself.

IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint doesnt call itself, you need to call it with a timer or another callback.