quick question

hello guys, i want to ask, i have limited downloading a month from my internet provider e.g ...gb month max. or else i have to pay more money for over going the limit..

i want to ask does sa-mp server hosting takes much of my limit?

Yes, most companies will charge you more for going over your limit. We had to pay a fairly large sum because of it so we switched to unlimited download.

WeeDarr

yeah i know that, what i ask is: does sa-mp server uses a lot? if possible tell atleast average amout like "5-10gb a month" or something

thanks a lot

Depends on the amount of players in each server, I ain't no networking genius but I guess that it would use quite a bit (also with what you personally will use)

WeeDarr

Roughly 1.26TB per month for 100 players iirc. Upstream B/W is much more expensive than downstream b/w from your ISP afaik.
Servers require a fast upstream to actually hold the players. Most internet home providers limit this at roughly 40kB/s, so running a hosting company off it is virtually useless, as that speed could only hold a low amount of players.

Plus with the addition of poor peering with home internet connections and only a single ISP peer, the internet from your home line is virtually useless for hosting.

Your choice though, Just sayin - remember what happened with Connor and GTA24 (oh boy...)