Range Ban Command

So Rangeban is basically broken on ladmin4v2? It bans like this: 99.248.243.238 > 99.248.243.2**. That's pretty much a useless ban because most evaders IP's need to be blocked like this: 99.248.*.* or at least at a minimum 99.248.243.* I tried to do it myself and I just broke the command somehow. Can someone post a working code that bans like this 99.248.*.* and not like this 99.248.243.2**

Here is what the command looks like:

pawn Code:
dcmd_rban(playerid,params[]) {
    if(PlayerInfo[playerid][LoggedIn] == 1) {
        if(PlayerInfo[playerid][Level] >= 4) {
          new ip[128], tmp[256], tmp2[256], Index;      tmp = strtok(params,Index), tmp2 = strtok(params,Index);
          if(!strlen(params)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, red, "USAGE: /rban [playerid] [reason]");
            if(!strlen(tmp2)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, red, "ERROR: You must give a reason");
        new player1, playername[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], adminname[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], string[128];
            player1 = strval(tmp);

if(IsPlayerConnected(player1) && player1 != INVALID_PLAYER_ID && player1 != playerid && (PlayerInfo[player1][Level] != ServerInfo[MaxAdminLevel]) ) {
                GetPlayerName(player1, playername, sizeof(playername)); GetPlayerName(playerid, adminname, sizeof(adminname));
                new year,month,day,hour,minuite,second; getdate(year, month, day); gettime(hour,minuite,second);
                CMDMessageToAdmins(playerid,"RBAN");
                format(string,sizeof(string),"%s has been range banned by Administrator %s [Reason: %s] [Date: %d/%d/%d] [Time: %d:%d]",playername,adminname,params[2],day,month,year,hour,minuite);
                SendClientMessageToAll(grey,string);
                SaveToFile("BanLog",string);
                print(string);
                if(udb_Exists(PlayerName2(player1)) && PlayerInfo[player1][LoggedIn] == 1) dUserSetINT(PlayerName2(player1)).("banned",1);
                GetPlayerIp(player1,ip,sizeof(ip));
          strdel(ip,strlen(ip)-2,strlen(ip));
        format(ip,128,"%s**",ip);
                format(ip,128,"banip %s",ip);
        SendRconCommand(ip);
                return 1;
            } else return SendClientMessage(playerid, red, "Player is not connected or is yourself or is the highest level admin");
        } else return SendClientMessage(playerid,red,"ERROR: You are not a high enough level to use this command");
    } else return SendClientMessage(playerid,red,"ERROR: You must be logged in to use this commands");
}

Put this: strdel(ip,strlen(ip)-4,strlen(ip)); instead strdel(ip,strlen(ip)-2,strlen(ip));

that would work if the IP was like this 1.1.1.111

but not like this 1.1.1.11 or 1.1.1.1

Hi! I recommend you using sscanf or split() and split the IP by dots into an array. Then put it back together using the [0] and [1] of the array. I recently did the same thing in PHP. I might be able to show you an example if you'd need it.

Use this great function by MySan
Code:
stock RangeBan(playerid)
{
new pos, oldpos, ip[15], ip2[15], tmp[21];

GetPlayerIp(playerid, ip, sizeof(ip));

pos = strfind(ip, ".", true);
pos++;

for(new i = 0; i < pos; i++)
{
ip2[i] = ip[pos-pos+i];
}