Disabling chat box

I'm growing tired of all of the crap that goes on in the chat, and when it gets too much, I'd just rather it gone all together. But disabling the chat box with F7 means disabling the rest of the HUD (radar etc).

This is probably a silly question, but is there a way to disable the chat box without disabling the rest of the HUD?

Thanks

You can (if you can script or be nice to the server owners) make a script wich will create 15 empty lines and disable every message being send to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckieluuk
You can (if you can script or be nice to the server owners) make a script wich will create 15 empty lines and disable every message being send to you.
100 empty lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckzyBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckieluuk
100 empty lines
If he doesn't want to see chatbox it's enough to just get rid of lines which can be shown at ones (max 20). He will probably not scroll up if he doesn't want to see text lol.

Thanks guys. I found an easy solution, and that is to use F6 and scroll up to the very top, and keep it there lol.
I guess the only downfall with this is you no longer have the ability to talk with your team.

alright so I've come to the conclusion I'd rather create some empty lines to wipe out the annoying chat.

Can anybody help me out with it? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilt
alright so I've come to the conclusion I'd rather create some empty lines to wipe out the annoying chat.

Thanks
What's so hard about it?

pawn Код:
stock ClearText(playerid)
{
  for(new m = 0; m < 20; m++) SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFAA, " ");
  return true;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_
Doesn't F6 hides the chatbox only?
No, it doesn't. F6 is just like ''t''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Correlli
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilt

Thanks
What's so hard about it?

pawn Код:
stock ClearText(playerid)
{
  for(new m = 0; m < 20; m++) SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFAA, " ");
  return true;
}
then what appens if someone doesn't keep their mouth shut? then the code would be useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydraX
then what appens if someone doesn't keep their mouth shut? then the code would be useless
That's not my problem, he requested the wipe-text code and i gave it to him.

There are many mute commands if someone really can't keep his mouth shut.