Question about copyright...

I'm working on a big and very original mode, that in my opinion is much better then the other modes in the servers of my country.
Those severs are almost the same thing, they are just DMs with permanent weapons, teleports and cars. there is also few minor systems but they doesn't effect the gameplay. The point is that they copy everything from each other, and I don't want them to steal my original ideas!

Can I add "©" or have copyrights to my original creation(the mode)?
And if so, and someone copy MY ORIGINAL ideas can I ask them to remove it? Or make some deal with them to use it?

Thanks to the helpers!

Lol, i guess not. Would be cool if so, tho.

*imagines Godfather protected with copyright*

....... Yeee .....arround 60% less roleplay servers on SA-MP master list indeed.

no, you will not beable to stop copiers, and your not alowwed to "Copyright" an SA-MP gamemode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_cahill
no, you will not beable to stop copiers, and your not alowwed to "Copyright" an SA-MP gamemode.
It isn't about the gamemode itself, its about the original ideas and work. For example if I make original gameplay, and someone else make a mode with the same gameplay (steal the idea).

It depends from country to country. If you have a law, that says, that you have a right, that your ideas don't become stolen, you can do that, but i cannot promise anything. It depends from the idea, too, how original it is...

A famous quote (from Kye I think) says something like:
Quote:

Ideas cannot be stolen, code can

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOnaStick
It depends from country to country. If you have a law, that says, that you have a right, that your ideas don't become stolen, you can do that, but i cannot promise anything. It depends from the idea, too, how original it is...
I've read in wikipedia about the law of my country about copyrights, and it says that a creator of an original work, also including computer coding(the mode) have copyrights on his creation, including idea(my case) and its ilegal to copy it, also I am able to rent my creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrZ^ aka LarzI
Quote:

You are wrong, you can't have code without idea.

So by the law of my country its ilegal to steal my ideas right? and if someone do, I can prosecute them?

You can, but just if you can prove that you had this idea before. And it really needs to be a good proof, otherwise it's for nothing.

Btw: Take care with "©". Im not sure if you can use it in this case.

Quote:
You can, but just if you can prove that you had this idea before. And it really needs to be a good proof, otherwise it's for nothing.

If I have notebooks with the description of the ideas and code structures that I wrote its a good proof? Should I write down the dates on those documents with a pen?
And why wouldn't I be able to use the © mark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni0505
Quote:

If I have notebooks with the description of the ideas and code structures that I wrote its a good proof? Should I write down the dates on those documents with a pen?
And why wouldn't I be able to use the © mark?
Im not sure if its enough to write it down with a pen. I guess you will need a notary for that, but that's sortof complicated XD

You can't steal ideas, the reason for this is that one person may say *he had the idea in his/her mind a long time ago, but didn't make it until now, even if it's almost the exact same idea as you have come up with.
So yeah, if you don't have proof, ideas cannot be stolen :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni0505

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrZ^ aka LarzI
Quote:

You are wrong, you can't have code without idea.

So by the law of my country its ilegal to steal my ideas right? and if someone do, I can prosecute them?
Actually he's right, I highly doubt that two servers will have exactly the same code for one thing. If you make a server thats the same gamemode as another then you stole there idea =p

Here somes my... opinion...

I think that to have copyright on something you created with a GAME like "pawno" (It's like a game somehow) I think that is stupid.

Why have copyright on a server? Then when you are scripting you are afraid of doing something that someone did before. Like imagen that there were only 3 servers on whole samp because of copyright!

1. Mini Missions server
2. Freeroam server (with teleports and stuff)
3. A roleplay server

That would be so boring! Everone should create what they want. I see that creating something VERY detailed on another server might be dumb but else I hate that copyright!

It's like there is ONE king that owns the whole server and stuff while there are a lot of other people there may only play on the server and not make their own server with the same kinda things on.

I hope you all see my point

COPYRIGHT IS THE WORST FEATURE ON SAMP IMO!