Starting with C++

I just downloaded C++, it looks pretty interesting, and looks like pawn script...

I know some basics of pawn, and Im also trying to learn C++ now.

I have no clue where to start, I did a ****** search, no good tutorials.

So does anyone have any good tutorials for C++ Express 2008?

www.learncpp.com

sorry but, you downloaded C++?

anyways, THANX extremo imma look over that site I want to learn C++ too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memoryz
and looks like pawn script...
PAWN is a extension language with a C-like syntax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
And the link that [NT]Extremo gave you is also useful.

Thanks friend!

Thanks for the links!

Im also looking at RakNet SDK (SA-MP uses it)

You mean you downloaded a C++ compiler?

Anway, I learned the very basics from www.cprogramming.com , and some other website I forgot the link to.

You can just ****** for RakNet, but I suggest you learn more C++ before trying to make a multiplayer game (Just taking a guess at what you're gonna do).

Also, for an IDE(a syntax highlighting text editor and compiler basically), I suggest code::blocks. It's cross platform, open source, has support for many compilers such as gcc/g++, minGW (windows port of gcc, which is what I use), the Visual C++ compiler, and a lot more.

EDIT : express 2008 is just an IDE, most tutorials will work with most compilers, so there's not need to tutorials just for visual studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma53

Anway, I learned the very basics from www.cprogramming.com , and some other website I forgot the link to.

You can just ****** for RakNet, but I suggest you learn more C++ before trying to make a multiplayer game (Just taking a guess at what you're gonna do).

Also, for an IDE(a syntax highlighting text editor and compiler basically), I suggest code::blocks. It's cross platform, open source, has support for many compilers such as gcc/g++, minGW (windows port of gcc, which is what I use), the Visual C++ compiler, and a lot more.

EDIT : express 2008 is just an IDE, most tutorials will work with most compilers, so there's not need to tutorials just for visual studio
I already have RakNet, and no, im obviously not gonna make a game yet, im just taking a look to see what C++ code looks like.

CodeBlocks is better than then C++ 2008 Express Edition?

I'm using DevC++ and SciTE for C/C++, try it, maybe you'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memoryz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma53

I already have RakNet, and no, im obviously not gonna make a game yet, im just taking a look to see what C++ code looks like.

CodeBlocks is better than then C++ 2008 Express Edition?
Ahh, sorry for making that guess than D:

Well, I personally like codeblocks better, it also has a drag and drop gui builder, like visual studio/express, but it uses WxWidgets, a cross platform GUI library. I also like it cause it's got everything, while express is a stripped down version of visual studio, so you can't do everything you can do in visual studio (IDE wise, not code related).

dev C++ is great also, there's a 3rd party version of dev C++ called wxdevC++, which also has the gui builder codeblocks has. C++ looks pretty cool, and it's object Oriented :P