SA-MP Forums Archive
SAMP Crashes after loading - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Client Support (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: SAMP Crashes after loading (/showthread.php?tid=73100)

Pages: 1 2

SAMP Crashes after loading - heliarc - 12.04.2009

I've just downgraded, and that seemed to go ok.The downgrader said it could patch my game to version 1 and the rest went without a hitch.I've just downloaded the multiplayer client today so I assume it is the current one.

I start up SAMP, choose a server, the game starts up with some artwork screens, the loading bar...loads, and the game crashes after it is fully loaded.I've tried the downgrader again and it says"Nothing to do.The files are already updated.".Yes I've searched on here and some people seem to have the same problem but there really aren't any answers.Please help, this looks fun as hell.

Re: SAMP Crashes after loading - llama - 12.04.2009

Do you have any d3d9.dll's (or simliar files) in the GTA San Andreas installation directory?

Re: SAMP Crashes after loading - heliarc - 12.04.2009

I just re-installed the multiplayer thing, but it still doesn't work.I've also tried at least 10 different servers just to be sure it wasn't one server.

Can anyone tell me how to tell if I have the steam or direct2drive version?Come on guys, I know one of you can help.

And please don't post just to say "I have the same problem" with no answer.Thats just annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
Do you have any d3d9.dll's (or simliar files) in the GTA San Andreas installation directory?
I'm going to check that right now, looking in the main directory I have nothing like that.I've not installed any mods or anything either.

Where did you get the game from?

Quote:
Where did you get the game from?
Bought it from Amazon.

Did the down-grader successfully downgrade it?

Do you own the actual disk?

Which error message(s) do you get?

Does single player work?

Quote:
Did the down-grader successfully downgrade it?

Do you own the actual disk?

Which error message(s) do you get?

Does single player work?
The downgrader seemed to run fine

I own the disk

GTA San Andreas Multiplayer has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvinience.

Single player works.

What .dll files are in the GTA San Andreas installation directory?

Computer specifications?

vorbisFile.dll
vorbis.dll
ogg.dll
eax.dll

These are in the main directory C/Program files...Everything is in fact installed to the same folder too.Again, this is a clean install and I have never installed any mods.

AMD Athlon 64 2.20 Ghz.(3500+)

1.93 Gb of RAM

Nvidia Geforce 6150 LE

Re: SAMP Crashes after loading - Double_Impact - 12.04.2009

i have exaxtly the same problem, i have version 1.0 (EU), i have no mods, i have the orginal disk, and single player works.

Here is a screenshot:

EDIT: i have the same .dll in the folder but i have one more: samp.dll

sry for my bad english

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Impact
i have exaxtly the same problem, i have version 1.0 (EU), i have no mods, i have the orginal disk, and single player works.

EDIT: i have the same .dll in the folder but i have one more: samp.dll

sry for my bad english
This is not the exact same problem but maybe something similar.Again I ask you guys, please dont post here saying you have the same problem unless you have an answer.

Here is the screenie

Go into your documents, find GTA San Andreas User Files, locate gta_sa.set (or something similar to this) and delete it.

Or modify some of the settings in the game options. (Display for example)

Or set gta_sa.exe and samp.exe (and other related files) to run as administrator.

Re: SAMP Crashes after loading - BigJayMalcolm - 12.04.2009

I have the same error and have tried all those solutions, none work.

Go into your documents, find GTA San Andreas User Files, locate gta_sa.set (or something similar to this) and delete it.(No good)

Or modify some of the settings in the game options. (Display for example)(No good)

Or set gta_sa.exe and samp.exe (and other related files) to run as administrator.(It's set to run as "Current owner" there are no options to run it as administrator)

Oh and just for kicks, I uninstalled and reistalled both GTA and SAMP.I tried running it without downgrading first and got a bunch of white screens before the normal menu came up.When I hit "start game" it just crashed to desktop.When I ran the downgrader again it did the same thing as before, loading then just crashing with the error message.

Re: SAMP Crashes after loading - Klutty - 12.04.2009

Try to delete gta.set in My Documents->GTA San Andreas Userfiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ʎʇʇnןʞ†
Try to delete gta.set in My Documents->GTA San Andreas Userfiles.
Yea, I did that, didn't work.

Re: SAMP Crashes after loading - Burridge - 12.04.2009

i had this kind of bug, look in all you're GTA Program files, i found a load of copys of the same files and the orginal files had like been deleted so i swapped the new "copies" and it worked again. try that.
(EG: Anims is empty and there will be one called anims(2) )

Re: SAMP Crashes after loading - Pilko - 12.04.2009

Try running SA-MP in Compatibility - Window 98/Window Me
Properties > Compatibility

Try that? Might sound stupid but it did helped some people. Everything is worth a try.