SA-MP Forums Archive
SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: SA-MP Source Code Leaked (/showthread.php?tid=660866)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - [HLF]Southclaw - 20.11.2018

Ah, I didn't know, fair enough. I see how a somewhat faster release cycle could mitigate the cheats to an extent.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Logic_ - 20.11.2018

As far as I've tested the cheats, majority of them don't work in DL or 0.3.7 R2.

One solutions that servers can do is enforce the players to use 0.3.7 R2. and when I was running a server, majority of the cheaters did not have R2 build.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - J0sh... - 20.11.2018

The notorious ones have a DL branch, but none of them have bothered to actually compile it. So you have to compile it yourself if you want a DL version, which obviously, most script kiddies cannot do.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - IllidanS4 - 20.11.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshishtof
View Post
Nice, cleo too maybe.
Please not CLEO, some servers (e.g. mine) use their own scripts for the benefit of players. Making it harder to use CLEO (even though it is a pure SA mod) can lead to useful features being inaccessible. Besides, even though this reduces the number of cheaters, server owners still have to invest the same amount of time to anticheat scripts, since when someone eventually bypasses the protection, they would be able to cause a lot of damage if the server-side protections weren't there.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - BigETI - 20.11.2018

Talking about updates, can we expect native C++ or C support for SA:MP functions? I know you stated once that the PAWN implementation provides enough functionalities to make gamemodes. I know many people who would like to make gamemodes or modules with other programming language outside AMX. IMO the current implementation lacks support for runtime memory allocation, no support for common data types and data containers, no support for module driven programming, leading to bad coding practices when switching from PAWN to other modern languages. I've seen many popular modes implementing a feature, that inflates the size of their mode dramatically. Eventually that feature gets dropped just because of that. I think this destroys valuable creativity. This is a common issue derived from the limitations of the language itself. Many server developers are thankful if they don't have to install another plugin to extend their feature set.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Kshishtof - 20.11.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
Please not CLEO, some servers (e.g. mine) use their own scripts for the benefit of players. Making it harder to use CLEO (even though it is a pure SA mod) can lead to useful features being inaccessible. Besides, even though this reduces the number of cheaters, server owners still have to invest the same amount of time to anticheat scripts, since when someone eventually bypasses the protection, they would be able to cause a lot of damage if the server-side protections weren't there.
I meant the things like s0b or cleo should be in server config. Server owners would have their own choice whether they are disabling these or not, same as artwork right now. It's pretty hard to protect against all of the cheats/hacks, since they update them pretty often.

Quote:
View Post
I meant the things like s0b or cleo should be in server config. Server owners would have their own choice whether they are disabling these or not, same as artwork right now. It's pretty hard to protect against all of the cheats/hacks, since they update them pretty often.
Once such a toggle is added to the server config, it is also added to the client, which means it is much easier for hacks to disable it altogether. Developing powerful server-side anticheats is always the best way.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Gforcez - 20.11.2018

Quote:
View Post
Tbh, scripts, mods or 3rd party programs that allow the client to do stuff they wouldn't be able to with a 'clean' San Andreas should be banned. Simple graphics, model or those types of mods should be fine. Certain cleo mods destroy gameplay and can ruin player experience. Disabling Cleo mods would be great, if possible of course.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - userid - 20.11.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
I don't think outright disabling mods is the way to go. SA-MP itself is a mod and its players like to apply different types of modifications to their games to spice up the experience. Not all CLEO/ASI mods are malicious. Just because some are doesn't mean fair players who use trustworthy mods should be punished.
It depends of given use, for example I used airbreak from s_beit for good things.
It is not easy to define when a mod is malicious or not, that's why I think that should be decided by the server owner

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Soly - 20.11.2018

Hello dear Kalcor.
You may have heard about porting a client for Android. To achieve full compatibility with SA-MP, a lot of time and effort is needed. Development has been going on for about two years. Is it possible to get the source code. With or without your terms? What do you think about it? Can I contact you personally? If so, could you leave your contact information or write to me on the forum.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - DTV - 20.11.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
And how to find out that the player has a cleo speedometer and not a desynchronizer or nops? Are you understand that no one will add a decompiler and parser cleo scripts to the server architecture?
I could be wrong but years ago I remember having to use a CLEO mod just so I could play on a server because my game would crash otherwise (no other mods either mind you). There could still be people like that out there and banning modifications like that would just push them away.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - OKStyle - 20.11.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by userid
View Post
It depends of given use, for example I used airbreak from s_beit for good things.
So say either cheaters or weak scripters. What can do sob. what can't do pawn?

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Romz - 20.11.2018

Quote:
View Post
I don't think outright disabling mods is the way to go.
you're wrong
Cheats needs to be banned.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - TommyB - 20.11.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
you're wrong
ok since you classified all mods as cheats I guess sa-mp is a cheat too. better ban sa-mp

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - J0sh... - 20.11.2018

Great, this discussion has now turned into "anticheat ples"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
So say either cheaters or weak scripters. What can do sob. what can't do pawn?
I can list you 1000 things that can't be done from Pawn but can be done in CLEO/other mods.

For example, SA-MP removes procedurally generated grass, bushes and rocks, removes the sun, and removes heat waves visible for some weathers. You may have even forgotten that these things are in the game.

I have created CLEO scripts that re-add these things back in the game. There aren't malicious in any way, they simply add the visual effects back.

How would you implement the sun in Pawn, clever guy?

Quote:
View Post
you're wrong
And you are half-witted. Cheats are programs that give you advantage over other players, not things that enhance your own gameplay. And even programs that are cheats on one server aren't cheats on another. I have no issue with people that use air break or other cheats on my server, since that gives them virtually no advantage over other players.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Kalen - 20.11.2018

Quote:
View Post
you're wrong
Try to understand that not all mods are cheats. When I played sa-mp I was using cleo script allowing to have snow in my game before it was done by most servers. That script isn't a program allowing you to broke the game process for others.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - iAmir - 20.11.2018

mods != cheats.

You can have some useful mods to use which are not breaking any rules, like some graphic related mods or like the one IllidanS4 mention, some mods that bring back SA features. on the other hand, cheats are some specific mods that are used for cheating, it literally has the meaning in its name, "CHEAT", gives you abilities you didn't have before, or shouldn't have it at all, like flying or whatever.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - niCe - 20.11.2018

Fighting cheats is more and more difficult nowadays. But I don't think banning CLEO mods would make the situation better, since it might not be that difficult for cheaters to find out how to use it anyways.

Re: SA-MP Source Code Leaked - Romz - 20.11.2018

Quote:
View Post
ok since you classified all mods as cheats I guess sa-mp is a cheat too. better ban sa-mp
No, it has nothing to do with SA-MP. I propose to ban everything that can harm players in multiplayer mode. It is necessary to make the game look the same for all players, without any third-party modifications.

I have a lot of players on the server using AIM and WallHack, how can I get rid of these players?