SA-MP Forums Archive
One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla (/showthread.php?tid=655913)

One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Unkovic - 02.07.2018

So, peoples. What you doing.? Im creating one simple include pack for rookies. That pack will simple functions, some little AC detections (CBug, BH...) and simple creations of things in one line (businesses, vehicles, etc...) with Save and Load in dini2. So is that good idea? Will it help rookies?

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Dignity - 02.07.2018

If you mean grabbing a bunch of includes and rereleasing it as a "include pack" then no

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Unkovic - 02.07.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
If you mean grabbing a bunch of includes and rereleasing it as a "include pack" then no
no that, my incs

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - xMoBi - 02.07.2018

dini2? No.
sql? Yes.

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - BadJih - 02.07.2018

dini2 and sql, please

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Unkovic - 03.07.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJih
Посмотреть сообщение
dini2 and sql, please
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMoBi
Посмотреть сообщение
dini2? No.
sql? Yes.
#define MYSQL_SAVING - Save in mysql
Else save in dini2

EDIT: sqlite or mysql

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Smithy - 03.07.2018

MySQL >sqlite

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Unkovic - 03.07.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
From experience, new users are not interested in boilerplates and "helper" include packs. There are hundreds of these on the forums.

The reason being is that developers in this community can be placed into two categories: New users who are learning and experienced developers who run a server with a decent player base.

The new users, from what I've gathered from helping many over the years, want to write everything themselves so they can learn - even after being proposed the value of using a library and the issues with reinventing the wheel (even with the education factor) they still just write stuff themselves.

On the other hand, you've got seasoned developers who run servers with active player bases, staff teams, forums, they may even make some money off it too. I've often noticed both "not invented here syndrome" as well as a focus on features rather than engineering, the mindset of "this external thing will take too much effort to learn how to use so I will just create my own".

Not to discourage you from creating and releasing something, just a perspective from someone who has written plenty of libraries and helped plenty of people from absolute beginners to experienced old-timers.

My advise is to absolutely use GitHub, document it well, write tests and show examples - especially if it's targeted to beginners.
Every begginer (scripting) have different see on that. You also have rookies that download gamemode, and edit textdraws and put it on GP and open server or these who want to learn!

Someone want to learn, someone want to steal. (OOOOooOooo, write this! xD)
When I say this, "steal", I don't mean to grab a bunch of code from some gamemode, I mean download some gamemode and edit it a little, so if the old servers which used that GM get closed, and new server opens with that, peoples usually say something about stealing and that bullshits...

So this may not be used by begginers, but this libraries is flexible and can help to finish mod quickly. After finishing these libraries I have to write example GM with everythyng, but basic! So the developers will need to explore everything. (Because it will be flexible).

And, also, I will use GitHub! I have planned to use that.

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Sew_Sumi - 03.07.2018

Make it easy, and hand it to them on a plate, and they will find a way to amaze you by how easily they can screw it up.

Re: One Flexible question to all peoples who script bla bla - Crystallize - 04.07.2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
What is wrong with all the existing code that does exactly what you are suggesting? Why would someone use your pack, when you don't want to use someone else's pack?

YSI
SS
pawn-boilerplate
YCore
probably more...

Also - dini, just no never!
Chill buddy not everyone wants to use those.Let the guy accomplish what he is chasing.