SA-MP Forums Archive
Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP DL Edition (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Forum: SA-MP 0.3.DL (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 (/showthread.php?tid=644229)

Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - Holod - 05.11.2017

Hey. I'm from the Russian segment of the players, and I use an interpreter. I have a question: can not I control the downloadable objects via the script? In some cases, this would be useful.

Re: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - Kalcor - 05.11.2017

It's better if the client/server maintain a static list then players won't have to download new files very often.

But there may be some scriptable elements added later.

Re: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - Rehasher - 05.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
It's better if the client/server maintain a static list then players won't have to download new files very often.

But there may be some scriptable elements added later.
If you make changes to a DFF or TXD file, does it make the client redownload or does it not detect changes?

Changing the file would change the CRC, so yes the client will see it doesn't have that CRC, request and download the new version of the file. Since the original CRC is gone from the list, the client will delete the old file.

Edit: Let me be more clear. If the server changes dffs and txds, they should restart the server. The player's game can't be interrupted to download new files, so changing the files requires a complete restart.

Re: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - J0sh... - 05.11.2017

Do you think there'd be a possible way of receiving new custom objects when you close & re-open the server whilst still in game? I have to keep leaving and re-entering just for things to work and it is kind of annoying. (When I _FULLY_ restarted the server and changed some models/textures, I did not get the downloading dialog nor did I see the changes.)

Well the server logs shows the CRC of the files as it's starting up. Then you can check your local cache to make sure they're updating properly.

Re: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - J0sh... - 05.11.2017

I could just delete the cache and SA-MP should download them again if I'm still in game right?

Re: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - wallee - 05.11.2017

Does the server "hang" if a lot of people are downloading? And what if somebody makes some sort of an exploit where the fake clients continuously delete/redownload files from the server to make it slow / crash?

Re: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - Holod - 05.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
Does the server "hang" if a lot of people are downloading? And what if somebody makes some sort of an exploit where the fake clients continuously delete/redownload files from the server to make it slow / crash?
Too interesting this question and the answer to it

Re: Monitoring downloaded objects 0.3.8 - Dignity - 06.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
I stress tested this earlier with four people when I was loading a segment of Liberty City.

The only delay I noticed is clientside when you're connecting. Each user downloaded 1.800 files at a rate of 40KB/ps as somehow we didn't manage to get more than this.