SA-MP Forums Archive
Gaming laptop - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Everything and Nothing (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Gaming laptop (/showthread.php?tid=621139)

Pages: 1 2

Gaming laptop - D1am0nd - 07.11.2016

Hi. I'm planning to purchase pretty soon a new laptop for myself, but I can't choose which one to get. So I checked in the store for gaming laptops and two laptops got my attention - Asus and Lenovo. It will be my first gaming laptop and I don't use anymore the destkops, since I sold the old one and it's way easier to transport the laptop, just put in the bag and there you go. I heard that laptops aint for gaming, so I need some of your opinions guys. Thanks!

Re: Gaming laptop - BurnZ - 07.11.2016

Laptops ain't for gaming BECAUSE YOU CANNOT CHANGE HOW MUCH VIDEO RAM IS DEDICATED TO THE LAPTOP.

Re: Gaming laptop - Brainles5 - 07.11.2016

On a budget? If you want entry-level media/gaming laptop then go for GT 940 or GTX 950

Re: Gaming laptop - Vince - 07.11.2016

Gaming laptops are a fad. Unless you're constantly traveling between two locations for extended periods of time (e.g. divorced parents, on campus, ...) you should probably still opt for a normal desktop. Cheaper and way more upgradeable.

Re: Gaming laptop - Logic_ - 07.11.2016

As mentioned by Vince, or you don't have a place to keep your desktop, because that's the reason I have switched to Laptops. Although, There are some beastly gaming laptops that you can purchase under thousand-bucks.

Re: Gaming laptop - SickAttack - 07.11.2016

Alienware

Re: Gaming laptop - Michael@Belgium - 07.11.2016

I've been gaming on a (gaming?) laptop for over 3 years now, mainly because I needed a laptop for highschool. But I do recommend a desktop, unless you travel a lot - or if u have a reason like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Alienware
*Scamware

Re: Gaming laptop - BurnZ - 07.11.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
Посмотреть сообщение
*Scamware
Why so?

Re: Gaming laptop - punklord - 07.11.2016

Try out MSI. After much browsing I've decided to buy the laptop and it hasn't disappointed me at all.

Re: Gaming laptop - XBrianX - 07.11.2016

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

Or get yourself any laptop with a 1/2gb gpu i3/i5 6/8gb ram and you'll be fine

Re: Gaming laptop - Brainles5 - 07.11.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkLorD
Посмотреть сообщение
Try out MSI. After much browsing I've decided to buy the laptop and it hasn't disappointed me at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBrianX
Посмотреть сообщение
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

Or get yourself any laptop with a 1/2gb gpu i3/i5 6/8gb ram and you'll be fine
These laptops is often overpriced as fuck than others.. Why not look at gaming laptops from Lenovo and Asus?

Re: Gaming laptop - D1am0nd - 08.11.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainles5
Посмотреть сообщение
These laptops is often overpriced as fuck than others.. Why not look at gaming laptops from Lenovo and Asus?
That's what I'm thinking, Lenovo or Asus, but I will probably get a Lenovo for 1,200 GBP.

Re: Gaming laptop - SickAttack - 08.11.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1am0nd
Посмотреть сообщение
That's what I'm thinking, Lenovo or Asus, but I will probably get a Lenovo for 1,200 GBP.
I wouldn't use that much money (in general terms) on a laptop, they often go bad in some years. I'd just use it for anything other than gaming, probably just for low end games like gta sa.

If you have some money to spare, get an actual gaming laptop. Alienware is a good option, they also look very durable.

If you are on a budget, no matter the brand, get the best option you can find.

Re: Gaming laptop - HydraHumza - 08.11.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1am0nd
Посмотреть сообщение
I personally suggest alienware as it has 4k display. Later you can have graphic amplifier. It's expensive but best for gaming and stuff

Re: Gaming laptop - augus - 08.11.2016

Asus makes a very good laptop.Their ROG line is meant for gaming.

Re: Gaming laptop - augus - 08.11.2016

Have a look http://pc4u.org/best-gaming-laptops-under-1000-dollars/

Re: Gaming laptop - Threshold - 08.11.2016

I bought a laptop for gaming and for university, but I was looking at more high end options and am still able to run games like GTA V, No Man Sky etc. with no issues. I haven't really run into a game that was unplayable on my laptop so far, but if I could go back I would definitely save the money to purchase a desktop instead.

It really depends on your situation and intentions.

Re: Gaming laptop - Dignity - 08.11.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnZ
Посмотреть сообщение
Why so?
You pay for the name really, not the hardware. The hardware is usually way cheaper than the price you pay.

In a company I used to work we would use this method a lot; buy cheap but decent hardware and sell them for way more than the amount it costed.

If you want a gaming laptop, go with a MSI or a ASUS ROG.

Re: Gaming laptop - D1am0nd - 08.11.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humza
Посмотреть сообщение
I personally suggest alienware as it has 4k display. Later you can have graphic amplifier. It's expensive but best for gaming and stuff
Some friend of mine suggested me to not buy alienware or any other like razer, because they are not good as they pretend to be.

Re: Gaming laptop - seanny - 09.11.2016

/sarcasm
Buy an Apple Macbook, best laptops for gaming 2k16.
/endsarcasm

Laptops for gaming are a fad, unless you are constantly travelling. Look around though on sites like Amazon, etc to see the best laptop for your budget otherwise, get a desktop at pcpartpicker.com.