SA-MP Forums Archive
SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Client Support (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? (/showthread.php?tid=619446)

SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - burningbeard62 - 17.10.2016

Hi to the community - my first post.
I've searched the forums for an answer to this question and the stickies and the common problems but it doesn't seem to be addressed directly, or maybe I haven't looked hard enough - if so sorry about that.

I played SA on playstation2 years ago and have never played an SA mod. I'm playing it through again right now on pc with a PS4 controller on my basic but new media-pc connected to my TV and absolutely having a blast in single player - what a great game it still is.

I want to keep playing single player while I setup and connect to a SA-MP server - can I do this and if so how? What is the best approach - use a completely separate installation for singleplayer and SA-MP or can they co-exist with the downgraded version of SA running the MP and the later version exe running single player? Thanks much in advance.

FYI

1) SA-MP version = N/A (it will be the latest)
2) Windows version = 10
3) Video card type = IntelHD512
4) IP:Port (if any) of the server you are trying to play on = N/A at this stage, will be default
5) If you are crashing, paste the crash report in your post and say when the crash occurs = N/A
6) If you are crashing loading SA-MP, please say whether GTA:SA single player works (test it) =N/A
7) Do you have any other GTA:SA mods installed? e.g. new vehicles = NO.

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - Spmn - 17.10.2016

So you're willing to run simultaneously two GTA instances: 1 for singleplayer and 1 for multiplayer?
If so, search on ****** for a so-called 'GTA SA multiprocess mod' or if that won't work out, run another GTA instance in a sandbox.

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - burningbeard62 - 17.10.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
View Post
So you're willing to run simultaneously two GTA instances: 1 for singleplayer and 1 for multiplayer?
Not simultaneously, but interchangeably. I want to be able to chip away at my single player campaign then switch to playing SA-MP and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
View Post
If so, search on ****** for a so-called 'GTA SA multiprocess mod' or if that won't work out, run another GTA instance in a sandbox.
I should have mentioned that my GTA single player with game saves is the steam version. I think I would like to keep that uncorrupted and setup a separate SA-MP instance, if its necessary to keep them apart.

Thanks for the speedy response!!

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - SickAttack - 17.10.2016

You can have SA-MP installed, and play single-player and/or SA-MP with the same game.

No need to make one for single-player and one for SA-MP.

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - burningbeard62 - 17.10.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
You can have SA-MP installed, and play single-player and/or SA-MP with the same game.

No need to make one for single-player and one for SA-MP.
Sweet! Does this apply even if I want to run the later version of the gamefile for single player still? If I downgrade it I fear I will break my save files - not an option.

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - SickAttack - 18.10.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbeard62
View Post
Sweet! Does this apply even if I want to run the later version of the gamefile for single player still? If I downgrade it I fear I will break my save files - not an option.
Having both .exe files seems to reset the user settings all the time. So you could just use the version SA-MP requires, it won't delete your save files.

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - Spmn - 18.10.2016

!!! Backup your savefiles !!!

AFAIK, GTA:SA v1.0 and Steam savegames aren't interchangeable, but I guess this trick would work:
- browse to GTA SA Steam folder and make sure that the executable is named: gta-sa.exe
- download GTA SA v1.0 no-cd exe (it should be named gta_sa.exe)
- paste it in GTA SA Steam folder
- install SA-MP client
- when you are prompted to select GTA SA executable, pick the v1.0 one

This way SA-MP should run on v1.0 executable and SA Singleplayer should run on Steam executable and savegames shouldn't get corrupted (but settings file might do)

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - SickAttack - 19.10.2016

Or you could copy/paste the original game, and install SA-MP on one and the other one will just be for single-player.

Add SA-MP as a non Steam game if you want.

Re: SA-MP and Single Player - can they exist happily? - n0minal - 19.10.2016

Just use steam to run your singleplayer and use Sandboxie to run SA-MP