SA-MP Forums Archive
Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Everything and Nothing (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection (/showthread.php?tid=59321)

Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - mave_man - 25.12.2008

I passed my download limit, I'm now on 64 kb/s maximum, still I time out after joined for 10 seconds

My intention is to stop all programs from having internet connection, except for samp, (in order to play samp, after that ill put the settings back)

heres an overview of my firewall internet programs (the once that have a 'v' are allowed to internet)

I was wondering, if I block them all, will I
- be able to play samp ?
- be able to do nothing with internet
- be able to play samp still for 10 seconds

- is sampserver.exe thingy also the connection for just to play samp?

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - MaTrIx4057 - 25.12.2008

i dunt know what u r talkin about butt i say yes!

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - Redirect Left - 25.12.2008

Your speed is very poor, you'd be lucky to get it to work on any servers. However disabling EVERYTHING else that wants internet access may make more room for SA:MP. No gurantees this will work.

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - SAkiller999 - 26.12.2008

hmm, So you have exceeded the download limit. If you block the programs, and play SA:MP it will download more. So as you have exceeded the limits, are you willing to pay for it ><.

In USA if you have a limited internet plan, and if you exceed the limits, the speed will still stay the same. But it will cost you more depending on how much you download. I dont know the system in USA. But in my opinion the speed or the downloading should be the same when you are downloading and if it will cost you.

I hope I helped.

-SA_killer

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - Zezombia - 26.12.2008

Where I am, unlimited bandwidth .

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - Tez2k7 - 26.12.2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RP
Jolteon ]
Your speed is very poor.
Very. Try disabling everything and then try connect. Worth a try.

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - rafay - 26.12.2008

i've more bad connection than you & due to that breakdown of optic fiber under the sea my internet went nuts.. But still i can play & never timed out i get 290 ping, my normal ping is 100-140

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - flakey - 26.12.2008

Try to speed up your internet by searching it on ******* or something. A few tricks there works. I speed up your internet a little.

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - mave_man - 26.12.2008

The ping is only 20, but I join server, I choose skin, I press shift, takes about 10 seconds to spawn after having pressed shift :/ then when someone says 'hi mave' in the chat, I type 'hi' to reply, takes another 10 seconds, then after a few seconds (30-50) I timeout

Re: Trying to get SA-MP working on a very slow connection - Yaheli_Faro - 26.12.2008

If you block sampserver.exe you will be able to play but not run a server5 on localhost.