SA-MP Forums Archive
Registration system - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Scripting Help (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Registration system (/showthread.php?tid=550105)

Registration system - cyberlord - 10.12.2014

Hello i would liek to ask u witch registration system do u prefer Mysql ,Dini ,Y_ini and what is the difference between dini and yini

Re: Registration system - imSaint - 10.12.2014

I honestly prefer Dini. It's the most easiest to work with for beginners(like myself) in my opinion. MySQL may be more secure, but as I stated already. It's not the easiest to work with. I also do not understand the differences between Dini & Y_ini. Anyways, yes. Go with Dini if you're new in scripting with PAWN.

Re: Registration system - Vince - 10.12.2014

Whatever you choose, don't use dini. Whenever something needs to get written to a file, it needs to open and close the file. This is very IO intensive and thus slow and not at all recommended.

"Easier to work with" is such a bullshit argument. It's easier to drive a bicycle than it is to drive a car, but you wouldn't ride it on your 30km drive to work every day, would you?. Practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Whatever you choose, don't use dini. Whenever something needs to get written to a file, it needs to open and close the file. This is very IO intensive and thus slow and not at all recommended.

"Easier to work with" is such a bullshit argument. It's easier to drive a bicycle than it is to drive a car, but you wouldn't ride it on your 30km drive to work every day, would you?. Practice makes perfect.
As I stated already. It's easier for BEGINNERS! I am a beginner myself. I understand practice makes perfect but for now, it doesn't hurt to start out with something easier than MySQL! Also, no need to be rude....

Edit: Also, once he's able to use MySQL, I'd definitely suggest using it.

Re: Registration system - Vince - 10.12.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by imSaint
Посмотреть сообщение
As I stated already. It's easier for BEGINNERS!
That doesn't matter in the slightest. Why bother learning something that is outdated and slow? To throw it all away once you learn something better? Honestly, what a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
That doesn't matter in the slightest. Why bother learning something that is outdated and slow? To throw it all away once you learn something better? Honestly, what a waste of time.
Well I guess you've never gone to school or learned one thing in your life. xD

Re: Registration system - PowerPC603 - 10.12.2014

Dini is NOT recommended, as said earlier.
It's one of the slowest methods to use as also explained earlier, it opens the file, reads it line by line until the proper value is found and closes it.
For each value you want to read, this process is repeated over and over.
To read 20 values, Dini opens the same file 20 times, reads it entirely (until the data you're looking for is found) and closes it 20 times.

Since you want ALL data to be loaded when a player connects, I found it easier to just create my own system using the default samp file functions.
Just open the file, read it line by line and store the proper values in the correct variables and then close the file when you reached the end of the file.
You can't get any faster than that.

For saving, it's even simpler.
Open the file for writing, dump all data to the file and close it.

Example code (directly taken from my gamemode), it's a bit large but you should get the idea of how I did it:
pawn Код:
// This function will load the player's datafile (used when a player connects to the server)
PlayerFile_Load(playerid)
{
    // Setup local variables
    new file[100], File:PFile, Name[24], LineFromFile[100], ParameterName[50], ParameterValue[50], HouseIndex, BusIndex;

format(Name, sizeof(Name), APlayerData[playerid][PlayerName]); // Get the playername
    format(file, sizeof(file), PlayerFile, Name); // Construct the complete filename for this player's account

// Check if the player's datafile exists
    if (fexist(file))
    {
        PFile = fopen(file, io_read); // Open the playerfile for reading

fread(PFile, LineFromFile); // Read the first line of the file

// Keep reading until the end of the file is found (no more data)
        while (strlen(LineFromFile) > 0)
        {
            StripNewLine(LineFromFile); // Strip any newline characters from the LineFromFile
            sscanf(LineFromFile, "s[50]s[50]", ParameterName, ParameterValue); // Extract parametername and parametervalue

// Store the proper value in the proper place
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Password", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Password")
                format(APlayerData[playerid][PlayerPassword], 50, ParameterValue); // Store the password
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Level", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Level")
                APlayerData[playerid][PlayerLevel] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the playerlevel
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Jailed", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Jailed")
                APlayerData[playerid][PlayerJailed] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the jailed-status
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Wanted", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Wanted")
                SetPlayerWantedLevel(playerid, strval(ParameterValue)); // Set the wanted-status
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Bans", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Bans")
                APlayerData[playerid][Bans] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the bans
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "BanTime", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("BanTime")
                APlayerData[playerid][BanTime] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the bantime
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "TruckerLicense", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("TruckerLicense")
                APlayerData[playerid][TruckerLicense] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the TruckerLicense
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "BusLicense", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("BusLicense")
                APlayerData[playerid][BusLicense] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the BusLicense

if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Muted", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Muted")
            {
                if (strcmp(ParameterValue, "Yes", false) == 0) // If the value "Yes" was read
                    APlayerData[playerid][Muted] = true; // Player is muted
                else
                    APlayerData[playerid][Muted] = false; // Player is not muted
            }
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "RulesRead", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("RulesRead")
            {
                if (strcmp(ParameterValue, "Yes", false) == 0) // If the value "Yes" was read
                    APlayerData[playerid][RulesRead] = true; // Player has accepted the rules
                else
                    APlayerData[playerid][RulesRead] = false; // Player hasn't accepted the rules yet
            }

if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsMetersDriven", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsMetersDriven")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsMetersDriven] = floatstr(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsMetersDriven
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsTruckerJobs", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsTruckerJobs")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsTruckerJobs] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsTruckerJobs
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsConvoyJobs", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsConvoyJobs")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsConvoyJobs] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsConvoyJobs
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsBusDriverJobs", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsBusDriverJobs")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsBusDriverJobs] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsBusDriverJobs
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsPilotJobs", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsPilotJobs")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsPilotJobs] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsPilotJobs
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsMafiaJobs", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsMafiaJobs")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsMafiaJobs] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsMafiaJobs
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsMafiaStolen", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsMafiaStolen")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsMafiaStolen] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsMafiaStolen
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsPoliceFined", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsPoliceFined")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsPoliceFined] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsPoliceFined
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsPoliceJailed", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsPoliceJailed")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsPoliceJailed] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsPoliceJailed
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsAssistance", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsAssistance")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsAssistance] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsAssistance
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsCourierJobs", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsCourierJobs")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsCourierJobs] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsCourierJobs
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "StatsRoadworkerJobs", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("StatsRoadworkerJobs")
                APlayerData[playerid][StatsRoadworkerJobs] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the StatsRoadworkerJobs

if (strcmp(ParameterName, "House", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("House")
            {
                APlayerData[playerid][Houses][HouseIndex] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the HouseID at the selected slot
                HouseIndex++; // Select the next house-slot in case another house-id is found
            }
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Business", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Business")
            {
                if (strcmp(ABusinessData[strval(ParameterValue)][Owner], Name, false) == 0) // Check if the player is the true owner of the business
                {
                    APlayerData[playerid][Business][BusIndex] = strval(ParameterValue); // Store the BusinessID at the selected slot
                    BusIndex++; // Select the next business-slot in case another business-id is found
                }
            }

if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Money", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Money")
                RewardPlayer(playerid, strval(ParameterValue), 0); // Store the money
            if (strcmp(ParameterName, "Score", false) == 0) // If the parametername is correct ("Score")
                RewardPlayer(playerid, 0, strval(ParameterValue)); // Store the score

fread(PFile, LineFromFile); // Read the next line of the file
        }

fclose(PFile); // Close the file

return 1; // Return if the file was read correctly
    }
    else
        return 0; // Return 0 if the file couldn't be read (doesn't exist)
}

// This function will save all player-data (used when the player disconnects from the server)
PlayerFile_Save(playerid)
{
    new file[100], File:PFile, Name[24], LineForFile[100];
    format(Name, sizeof(Name), APlayerData[playerid][PlayerName]); // Get the playername
    format(file, sizeof(file), PlayerFile, Name); // Construct the complete filename for this player's account

PFile = fopen(file, io_write); // Open the playerfile for writing

format(LineForFile, 100, "Password %s\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][PlayerPassword]); // Construct the line: "Password <playerpassword>"
    fwrite(PFile, LineForFile); // And save it to the file
    format(LineForFile, 100, "Level %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][PlayerLevel]); // Construct the line: "Level <playerlevel>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "Jailed %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][PlayerJailed]); // Construct the line: "Jailed <playerjailed>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "Wanted %i\r\n", GetPlayerWantedLevel(playerid)); // Construct the line: "Wanted <wantedlevel>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "Bans %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][Bans]); // Construct the line: "Bans <NumberOfBans>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "BanTime %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][BanTime]); // Construct the line: "BanTime <TimeToUnban>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "TruckerLicense %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][TruckerLicense]); // Construct the line: "TruckerLicense <playertruckerlicense>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "BusLicense %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][BusLicense]); // Construct the line: "BusLicense <playerbuslicense>"

if (APlayerData[playerid][Muted] == true) // Check if the player is muted
        format(LineForFile, 100, "Muted Yes\r\n"); // Construct the line: "Muted <Yes>"
    else
        format(LineForFile, 100, "Muted No\r\n"); // Construct the line: "Muted <No>"

if (APlayerData[playerid][RulesRead] == true) // Check if the player has accepted the rules
        format(LineForFile, 100, "RulesRead Yes\r\n"); // Construct the line: "RulesRead <Yes>"
    else
        format(LineForFile, 100, "RulesRead No\r\n"); // Construct the line: "RulesRead <No>"

format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsMetersDriven %f\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsMetersDriven]); // Construct the line: "StatsMetersDriven <StatsMetersDriven>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsTruckerJobs %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsTruckerJobs]); // Construct the line: "StatsTruckerJobs <StatsTruckerJobs>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsConvoyJobs %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsConvoyJobs]); // Construct the line: "StatsConvoyJobs <StatsConvoyJobs>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsBusDriverJobs %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsBusDriverJobs]); // Construct the line: "StatsBusDriverJobs <StatsBusDriverJobs>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsPilotJobs %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsPilotJobs]); // Construct the line: "StatsPilotJobs <StatsPilotJobs>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsMafiaJobs %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsMafiaJobs]); // Construct the line: "StatsMafiaJobs <StatsMafiaJobs>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsMafiaStolen %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsMafiaStolen]); // Construct the line: "StatsMafiaStolen <StatsMafiaStolen>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsPoliceFined %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsPoliceFined]); // Construct the line: "StatsPoliceFined <StatsPoliceFined>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsPoliceJailed %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsPoliceJailed]); // Construct the line: "StatsPoliceJailed <StatsPoliceJailed>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsAssistance %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsAssistance]); // Construct the line: "StatsAssistance <StatsAssistance>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsCourierJobs %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsCourierJobs]); // Construct the line: "StatsCourierJobs <StatsCourierJobs>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "StatsRoadworkerJobs %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][StatsRoadworkerJobs]); // Construct the line: "StatsRoadworkerJobs <StatsRoadworkerJobs>"

// Save all the valid house-id's
    for (new i; i < MAX_HOUSESPERPLAYER; i++)
    {
        // Check if there is a valid house-id in this slot
        if (APlayerData[playerid][Houses][i] != 0)
        {
            format(LineForFile, 100, "House %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][Houses][i]); // Construct the line: "House <HouseID>"
        }
    }
    // Save all the valid business-id's
    for (new i; i < MAX_BUSINESSPERPLAYER; i++)
    {
        // Check if there is a valid business-id in this slot
        if (APlayerData[playerid][Business][i] != 0)
        {
            format(LineForFile, 100, "Business %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][Business][i]); // Construct the line: "Business <BusinessID>"
        }
    }

format(LineForFile, 100, "Money %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][PlayerMoney]); // Construct the line: "Money <playermoney>"
    format(LineForFile, 100, "Score %i\r\n", APlayerData[playerid][PlayerScore]); // Construct the line: "Score <playerscore>"

fclose(PFile); // Close the file

// Also save the houses that this player owns
    for (new i; i < MAX_HOUSESPERPLAYER; i++)
    {
        // Check if there is a valid house-id in this slot
        if (APlayerData[playerid][Houses][i] != 0)
        {
            // Save the house (and linked vehicles)
            HouseFile_Save(APlayerData[playerid][Houses][i]);
        }
    }
    // Save all the valid business-id's
    for (new i; i < MAX_BUSINESSPERPLAYER; i++)
    {
        // Check if there is a valid business-id in this slot
        if (APlayerData[playerid][Business][i] != 0)
        {
            // Save the business
            BusinessFile_Save(APlayerData[playerid][Business][i]);
        }
    }

return 1;
}
For my new gamemode, I prefer to use MySQL.
It's even more flexible to use and you can do things you can't do with files.
Even if it's somehow possible to do with files, it's gonna be far too slow, like searching all files for the top-scores of players such as displaying the 20 richest people on your server.

Re: Registration system - cyberlord - 10.12.2014

tnx for your adviced i will try mysql