SA-MP Forums Archive
Dialog won't open, strcat issue I think. - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Scripting Help (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Dialog won't open, strcat issue I think. (/showthread.php?tid=503701)

Dialog won't open, strcat issue I think. - Dokins - 30.03.2014

At the strcat part, I'm trying to copy over the string, so I can save it so they can go back to the string if the response is 0 on the next dialog, means they can browse through records.

pawn Код:
else if(dialogid == DIALOG_SHOWPERSON)
            {
                if(response == 0)   //response 0 is always the SECOND BUTTON! (in our case this was "Close".
                {
                    return 1;
                }
                else //If the player did not press the close button, but the "Select" button, the script reads the following.
                {
                    new dialogstring[200], string[128];
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "SELECT * FROM `arecords` WHERE `PSQLID` = %d ORDER BY `id` DESC LIMIT 10", psql[playerid]);
                    mysql_query(string);
                    mysql_store_result();
                    new r_msg[500];
                    new n = 0;
                    printf("psqlid: %d", psql[playerid]);
                    if(mysql_num_rows() < 1)return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOUR_GREY, "No records found.");
                    while(mysql_fetch_row(r_msg))
                    {
                        sscanf(r_msg, "p<|>e<iiiis[24]iiii>", PlayerArrests[n]);
                        if(n == 0)
                        {
                           format(dialogstring, sizeof(dialogstring), ""#COL_WHITE"CRIME: "#COL_RED"%s", PlayerArrests[n][ar_cr]);
                           strcat(Pdialogstring[playerid], dialogstring, 200);
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            format(dialogstring, sizeof(dialogstring), "%s\n"#COL_WHITE"CRIME: "#COL_RED"%s", dialogstring, PlayerArrests[n][ar_cr]);
                        }
                        n++;
                    }
                    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_RECORDS, DIALOG_STYLE_LIST, "Showing 10 Latest Records.", dialogstring, "Select", "Black");
                }
            }

I'm trying to get the dialog to open the saved string, based on a per-player array so it doesn't get over-written if someone else uses the dialog.
pawn Код:
else if(dialogid == DIALOG_RECORDS)   //if the player responsed to the dialog (ID = 0, as we've set it as such - you'll use your definition) then the script continues here
            {
                if(response == 0)   //response 0 is always the SECOND BUTTON! (in our case this was "Close".
                {
                    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_RECORDS, DIALOG_STYLE_LIST, "Showing 10 Latest Records.", Pdialogstring[playerid], "Select", "Black");
                }

Re: Dialog won't open, strcat issue I think. - Konstantinos - 30.03.2014

So basically you want Pdialogstring[playerid] to store the text of dialogstring but you insert the text to the old one. You need to reset Pdialogstring[playerid] first and then use strcat; although a macro is easier:
pawn Код:
#define strcpy(%0,%1,%2) strcat((%0[0] = '\0', %0), %1, %2)
and change:
pawn Код:
if(n == 0)
{
    format(dialogstring, sizeof(dialogstring), ""#COL_WHITE"CRIME: "#COL_RED"%s", PlayerArrests[n][ar_cr]);
}
else
{
    format(dialogstring, sizeof(dialogstring), "%s\n"#COL_WHITE"CRIME: "#COL_RED"%s", dialogstring, PlayerArrests[n][ar_cr]);
}
to:
pawn Код:
if(n == 0) format(dialogstring, sizeof(dialogstring), ""#COL_WHITE"CRIME: "#COL_RED"%s", PlayerArrests[n][ar_cr]);
else format(dialogstring, sizeof(dialogstring), "%s\n"#COL_WHITE"CRIME: "#COL_RED"%s", dialogstring, PlayerArrests[n][ar_cr]);
strcpy(Pdialogstring[playerid], dialogstring, 200);

Re: Dialog won't open, strcat issue I think. - Dokins - 30.03.2014

Thanks man! Truly appreciate it.
REP ++;