SA-MP Forums Archive
Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Everything and Nothing (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! (/showthread.php?tid=489989)

Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - ross8839 - 25.01.2014

I had an idea that I could script a gamemode which is basically the same thing/idea as the Arma 3 Life servers (Altis and Stratic life) in that, when you're within certain areas of the map, you can say /pick and it would pick cocaine and then add the cocaine to an inventory system which you can say check by /inv(entory) and as well as that, a vehicle inventory system, such as when you're within a certain distance of a car, that you have the keys for, you can enter the inventory and store your apples, pears or even cocaine.

I personally think this is something that would be rather difficult to script/develop but I feel with a team of developers we could make a very good server. If anyone's interested in helping me, then just pm me and we can get started.

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - X3nZ - 25.01.2014

We already have those.

Atlis Life is basically RP, which we have plenty of.

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - Shetch - 25.01.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross8839
Посмотреть сообщение
you can enter the inventory and store your apples, pears or even cocaine.
Apples, pears and cocaine, your normal every day stuff.

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - Tamer - 25.01.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shetch
Посмотреть сообщение
This post actually made me lease my idea.. The roleplay servers are based on illegal jobs. They call themselves "realistic" the economy is based on drugs and weaponary.. However in real, how many of us actually saw cocaine or heroin? Who sells them? Which one of you saw an AK47 and shot with it? The roleplayservers are based on crime. But in real life, is life reallybased on those? You will say because It's a game. But is it "cool" to do nasty things in a game? Some say the games are a way to escape and be something you never are. Is "escaping" and being something you are not always supposed to be related to crime?

This was a little off topic

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - Twizted - 25.01.2014

For a long period, it's been my wish to create a realistic war server. Meaning that a city would be the battlefield, and it'd be divided into two groups. It's a roleplay server. But my scripting knowledge isn't that big in order to accomplish my objective, however it's not impossible!

I like your idea, but such servers already exist.

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - LeGGGeNNdA - 25.01.2014

I think that such servers exist.

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - justsomeguy - 25.01.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shetch
Посмотреть сообщение
Ow hey there, Charlie Sheen!

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - Excelize - 26.01.2014

Guess you've been watching FrankieOnPc..

Re: Arma 3 Life server on GTA?! - justsomeguy - 26.01.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelize
Посмотреть сообщение
Guess you've been watching FrankieOnPc..
PSYSyndicate has a whole series of it, it's pretty cool actually but would be almost impossible to remake in SA-MP.