SA-MP Forums Archive
Amx weighs - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Scripting Help (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Amx weighs (/showthread.php?tid=418410)

Amx weighs - KilleRCitY - 24.02.2013

My AMX file weighs too much ...
At first he weighed 1.50 MB
After reduction variables, arrays, etc. ...
It weighs 1.40 MB ..

How can I make it lower weight?

*sry for my bad eng

Re: Amx weighs - playbox12 - 24.02.2013

Put it on a diet.

It really doesn't matter, it depends on how you did your systems, if you have reduced all variables to what they actually need and your script is still big, deal with it it's not going to change it's performance. (what I wanted to say is, size of the script is AFAIK no indication of bad coding nor bad performance).

Re: Amx weighs - KilleRCitY - 24.02.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
Посмотреть сообщение
Put it on a diet.

It really doesn't matter, it depends on how you did your systems, if you have reduced all variables to what they actually need and your script is still big, deal with it it's not going to change it's performance. (what I wanted to say is, size of the script is AFAIK no indication of bad coding nor bad performance).
i've 20K of line's...
and it's sucks to upload a mode with 1.40MB...
there is any way that i can to "lose weighs"?

Re: Amx weighs - rhds - 24.02.2013

Try rBits include

Re: Amx weighs - leong124 - 24.02.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilleRCitY
Посмотреть сообщение
i've 20K of line's...
and it's sucks to upload a mode with 1.40MB...
there is any way that i can to "lose weighs"?
Large file size isn't anything, but somehow proves that you know how to make use of the memory to enhance the speed, although I saw some of my friends were using 256 cells for player messages.
My gamemode has more than 2MB, which is the same as another filterscript that I use. Everything works great even on my crappy server with a single core CPU at 2GHz, so file size is never a problem, so you don't need to worry about it.

Re: Amx weighs - KilleRCitY - 25.02.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know about you, but I have several gigabytes of RAM, and several terabytes of disk space. Even if you don't have THAT much does 1.4Mb really make that much of a dent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
Посмотреть сообщение
Large file size isn't anything, but somehow proves that you know how to make use of the memory to enhance the speed, although I saw some of my friends were using 256 cells for player messages.
My gamemode has more than 2MB, which is the same as another filterscript that I use. Everything works great even on my crappy server with a single core CPU at 2GHz, so file size is never a problem, so you don't need to worry about it.
i just want the compiler work faster...
it's took my a 30-50 sec to compile the pwn...
i've 2GB ram 'n' 130GB free space...

Re: Amx weighs - LarzI - 25.02.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
If you want a faster compile you need less code. 30 seconds, compared to many systems, is a FAST build!
30 seconds is indeed not much. If it took several minutes, then you'd have a reason to "complain", but 30 seconds of your life isn't really much.