SA-MP Forums Archive
Very Weird issue with " expected token: ",", but found ";"" - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Scripting Help (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Very Weird issue with " expected token: ",", but found ";"" (/showthread.php?tid=401262)

Very Weird issue with " expected token: ",", but found ";"" - tuuker - 22.12.2012

Getting error: expected token: ",", but found ";" for some reason as it's not that error at all.

pawn Code:
LoginPlayer(playerid,password[])
{
    if(strcmp(password, UserStats[playerid][pPass])) {
        SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_RED,"Wrong password!");
    } else {
        LoadAccount(playerid);
    }
    return 1;
}
After i call LoadAccount(playerid); at LoginPlayer that i made, the error occurs.
It says that this error occurs at 364 line where i have:
pawn Code:
format(query,sizeof(query), "SELECT * FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = %d",UserStats[playerid][ID];
mysql_function_query(mysqlconnect, query, true, "OnAccountLoad", "d", playerid);
Seems perfect to me...

Re: Very Weird issue with " expected token: ",", but found ";"" - tuuker - 22.12.2012

Omg, how i didn't see lol, i thought it may be some bug but no, it's me ^^ forgot ) at format, damn... I feel silly now

Re: Very Weird issue with " expected token: ",", but found ";"" - SKAzini - 22.12.2012

Remember that there is other people who might have the same issue as you and looks at this topic, not finding a solution, therefore, you should post the solution if you've solved it.

This is the solution for people who might have the same problem:

pawn Code:
format(query,sizeof(query), "SELECT * FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = %d",UserStats[playerid][ID]);
mysql_function_query(mysqlconnect, query, true, "OnAccountLoad", "d", playerid);
The solution is to add a parenthese between the closing bracket and the semicolon at UserStats[playerid][ID]);.

Re: Very Weird issue with " expected token: ",", but found ";"" - Babul - 22.12.2012

i think that "bug" occured when he typed in the format line with all parameters, and to avoid a too long line, which cannot be read when the cursor is at the left position, he decided to add a newline.
the usual habbit to end (almost) each line with a ; semicolon, caused him to do that instead typing a , comma required in order to let the second line be added as parameters for the previous format().
i had the missing ) of the format line in mind aswell, but the error itself is description enough
(yet) best solution: (will get you used to indent your code properly)
Code:
format(query,sizeof(query), "SELECT * FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = %d",
	UserStats[playerid][ID],
	mysql_function_query(mysqlconnect,
	query,
	true,
	"OnAccountLoad",
	"d",
	playerid
);
leads you to optimize that line a bit to be able to read your gamemode again, so heres the...
best solution:
Code:
format(query,sizeof(query), "SELECT * FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = %d",UserStats[playerid][ID],mysql_function_query(mysqlconnect, query, true, "OnAccountLoad", "d", playerid);