SA-MP Forums Archive
What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Everything and Nothing (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What could be the problem? [Network problem] (/showthread.php?tid=367773)

What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Samp_India - 11.08.2012

My Broadband plan is 4 mbps but i am getting only 1.6 mbps.I told them my ISP my problem and they told they need to check some profile and now a week passed and still same bandwidth.could this be because of my router? download speed wont go more than 216 kb/second...

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Samp_India - 16.08.2012

Bump...

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Haydn - 16.08.2012

They never give you what you pay for. We pay for 12.. we get 7. Usually because the ISP has some terms and conditions that you have to accept to get the service, but they usually say something like "We will try to give you the "best" connection possible" not in those words obviously.

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Samp_India - 16.08.2012

My friend gets the actual speed...just a few yards from my house his house is ...

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Haydn - 16.08.2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samp_India
View Post
My friend gets the actual speed...just a few yards from my house his house is ...
Maybe the weather? Or a loose connection? Your router probably isn't as good as it used to be, or it is being blocked by an object.

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - donB - 16.08.2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samp_India
View Post
My Broadband plan is 4 mbps but i am getting only 1.6 mbps.I told them my ISP my problem and they told they need to check some profile and now a week passed and still same bandwidth.could this be because of my router? download speed wont go more than 216 kb/second...
Are you using MTNL connection? If so, there are few time based limitations in the 4MBPS plan. Make sure you go through the plan information.

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Mauzen - 16.08.2012

Cable lan or wlan?

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - Extremo - 16.08.2012

I am gonna swing a far one here and have a guess your line is one-lined. Usually there is always two cables reaching every home, if one of them however is not, you get about half of the connection.

Reference: I've had the same thing.

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - WackoX - 16.08.2012

We've bought for 40 Mb/s, and we get 50 Mb/s, sucks to live is this country...

OP, you know there is a difference between KB and Kb right?

Re: What could be the problem? [Network problem] - carz0159 - 17.08.2012

wacko,your download speed is good, but your upload sucks. also, most servers dont allocate enough bandwith, so you willonly use about 10% of what you get, so your wasting money for 50Mb/s because thatwill never be your speed where it counts. i get 30 down 30 up