SA-MP Forums Archive
License Agreement Question - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Server (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Server Support (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: License Agreement Question (/showthread.php?tid=343725)

License Agreement Question - flrp - 18.05.2012

Hello. I am thinking of starting to develop a client-sided Gameguard to ensure the security, it would be scanning the gta sa folder and its files for suspicious modifications and hacks after this step it would connect to the sa-mp server (wich is password protected) with an encripted password, Basically it would check for any kind of hacks related files
or any suspicious modification and then it would connect to the server directly (using the samp engine and samp.exe parameters). And of course it would clearly state the SA-MP Engine Usage credits and a redirection link on its patcher.

This is an idea and im posting this to get known if such thing is legal.

I've read the Services Agreement and this got my attention:

"(b) You may not connect to the SA-MP master list using custom software unless
permission is granted by the service provider."

Wich service provider is this?

Re: License Agreement Question - kikito - 18.05.2012

COntact sa-mp team, via team@sa-mp.com and ask them the permission, since they're the "owner" of this mod.

Re: License Agreement Question - Infinity - 18.05.2012

Hate to burst your bubble, but i doubt this would ever work. If it did, they would've added it ages ago.

Re: License Agreement Question - Leo Delvecchio - 18.05.2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flrp
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello. I am thinking of starting to develop a client-sided Gameguard to ensure the security, it would be scanning the gta sa folder and its files for suspicious modifications and hacks after this step it would connect to the sa-mp server (wich is password protected) with an encripted password, Basically it would check for any kind of hacks related files
or any suspicious modification and then it would connect to the server directly (using the samp engine and samp.exe parameters). And of course it would clearly state the SA-MP Engine Usage credits and a redirection link on its patcher.

This is an idea and im posting this to get known if such thing is legal.

I've read the Services Agreement and this got my attention:

"(b) You may not connect to the SA-MP master list using custom software unless
permission is granted by the service provider."

Wich service provider is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Hate to burst your bubble, but i doubt this would ever work. If it did, they would've added it ages ago.
Not necessarily man. If they thought it would just have a few minor problems, they would postpone it till they fixed the problems, and might have forgot about it. And there is a chance that they didn't think about it and all because they would be to busy or something, maybe with releasing the new 0.3e SA-MP version.

So there might be a point in letting them know and asking them.

I suggest you go and email the team, team@sa-mp.com
Hope all goes well

P.S. You said searching for hacks and all, but i am aware, and want to alert you that ALOT of admins in servers use hacks such as ****** to fly and all so there are certain disadvantages to this idea...

TheLeo.

Re: License Agreement Question - flrp - 18.05.2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Delvecchio
Посмотреть сообщение
Not necessarily man. If they thought it would just have a few minor problems, they would postpone it till they fixed the problems, and might have forgot about it. And there is a chance that they didn't think about it and all because they would be to busy or something, maybe with releasing the new 0.3e SA-MP version.

So there might be a point in letting them know and asking them.

I suggest you go and email the team, team@sa-mp.com
Hope all goes well

P.S. You said searching for hacks and all, but i am aware, and want to alert you that ALOT of admins in servers use hacks such as ****** to fly and all so there are certain disadvantages to this idea...

TheLeo.
Well it works fine, i made myself, but i havent published anything yet.
I just would like to know if such thing is allowed so that way i could also mod a few content
to improve the gameplay such as modified skins and stuff. Anyway it is at the moment programmed to block all the cleo files (exept a few that i may add as exeption) , and to stop the injection of that well known hack (by detecting a few .two files and also by scanning any .dll files content included on the gta sa folder), wich i wont post the name since everybody knows about it.

Everything works fine untill then. I would like to use it on my personal use but since that
part of the agreement that i stated came up to my attention i decided to get informed about it first.

Because it connects directly to the server (with sa-mp engine) without having to open samp, since it automatically runs it with the IP:Port and encrypted password. and the "patcher" is also programmed with a text box for the user to writte the player nickname (so it will modify the samp registry on the nickname value). I just want to be sure if such thing is allowed even if i include the credits and a banner for sa-mp. But anyway i have emailed samp already, hopefully to get a reply.